Recipe: Tasty Pork and Fennel Seed Pasta
Pork and Fennel Seed Pasta. This pork and fennel pasta is a gourmet alternative to spaghetti bolognese. Serve with a simple rocket salad and a generous dusting of parmesan. Pork and fennel is such a great combination!
To access this post, you must purchase Monthly Membership or Annual Membership. Or if you're already a member simply log in here to access this content. fennel pork. Heat Crux skillet to a medium heat, add in the olive oil along with the chopped fennel, fennel seeds and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes till fragrant and starting to turn in color. You can cook Pork and Fennel Seed Pasta using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork and Fennel Seed Pasta
- Prepare 500 g of wholemeal penne pasta.
- It's 400 g of pork, cut into thin strips.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 2 of medium carrots, finely diced.
- You need 2 of large zucchinis, halved length-way and thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 of red cayenne chillies, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of parsley, chopped.
- It's 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 3 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 50 g of tomato paste.
- You need 400 g of passata.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need of Grated Parmesan, to serve (optional).
Add the fennel seeds and garlic and fry for a minute or two until fragrant. Add the pork mince and fry until lightly browned, then add the passata, white wine and bay leaves. Add the pork, and brown on all sides. Transfer pork to a plate and discard fat.
Pork and Fennel Seed Pasta instructions
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over med-low heat. Add the onion and a small pinch of salt. Stir occasionally until onions are soft and golden brown. Approx 5 mins.
- Increase heat to med-high. Add the pork and stir until cooked through. Approx 3 mins..
- Add the carrots and red cayenne chillies. Cook until carrots are soft to release their natural sweetness. Approx 3 mins.
- Add the zucchinis, garlic powder, and fennel seeds. Gently stir until zucchinis are lightly coloured and slightly soft. Approx. 4 mins..
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste. Give it a quick stir before adding the passata, parsley, and a generous amount of pepper and a pinch of salt. Gently mix everything together. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10-15 mins. Stirring occasionally and do not allow to burn..
- In the meantime, cook pasta according to packet instruction..
- Once the pasta is cooked (I prefer mine al dente!), set aside 2-3 tbsp of cooking liquid before draining. Add the pasta and reserved cooking liquid* to the saucepan and stir everything together. *[If using passata from a jar, add the reserved cooking liquid to the jar, give it a quick shake to dislodge any leftover sauce before adding to the saucepan.].
- Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, if desired..
Toss garlic, onions, carrots, celery, fennel. Sauté the pancetta, fennel, onion, and garlic together until they are soft and fragrant, but not browned. Reserve about a cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain the pasta and add directly to the pork and broccoli mixture then stir to combine. Add about a ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water to loosen and emulsify the sauce.
via Blogger https://ift.tt/3uCaGI9
May 11, 2021 at 11:33AM
via Blogger https://ift.tt/3uEnr5c
May 11, 2021 at 02:11PM