Mike's Low Carb 6 Cheese Grilled Jalapeño Poppers & Bronco Berry Sauce. Few know that Jalapeños are scientifically a fruit but, known as a vegetable to the rest of the world. Which ever way you see em', they're just downright yummy and so low carb! Few know that Jalapeños are scientifically a fruit but, known as a vegetable to the rest of the world.
The cheese becomes perfectly melty, the peppers tender and the bacon crisp and smoky for the most amazing bite. I absolutely adore stuffed jalapeno poppers in any way, shape, or form and I especially love this version using fresh jalapenos and bacon and it just so happens that skipping the breading makes these into a low carb/keto jalapeno popper! A delicious grilled jalapeno popper smothered pork chops (or chicken) recipe with cheese, bacon, and jalapenos - a low carb and keto dream come true.. You can have Mike's Low Carb 6 Cheese Grilled Jalapeño Poppers & Bronco Berry Sauce using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Low Carb 6 Cheese Grilled Jalapeño Poppers & Bronco Berry Sauce
- You need 24 of LG Jalapeños [membranes & seeds removed - reserve tops - try to get straight LG peppers if at all possible].
- It's of ● For The Cream Cheese Mixture.
- It's 2 (8 oz) of Packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Shreaded Mexican 4 Cheese.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Shreaded Mozzarella Cheese.
- You need to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It's 1 tsp of Hatch Green Chile Powder.
- It's as needed of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic.
- It's 1 tsp of Granulated Onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare of ● For The Equipment.
- You need 1 of Ziplock Bag.
- Prepare 1 of Chili Pepper Grill Rack.
- You need of ● For The Options.
- You need Leaves of Fresh Cilantro.
- It's of Minced Bell Peppers [any color].
- It's 1 of Jalapeño Corer.
- Prepare of ● Bronco Berry Sauce.
- It's of [see recipe below in step #8].
Back in South Carolina we have friends who make the most amazing low carb jalapeno and cream cheese stuffed pork loin wrapped in bacon recipe. KETO JALAPENO POPPERS make a great appetizer that even the carb-lovers will devour! I'm including instructions for making these extra quick in your air-fryer, but they're delicious in the oven too! Either way, you need this low carb snack in your life!
Mike's Low Carb 6 Cheese Grilled Jalapeño Poppers & Bronco Berry Sauce step by step
- Heat grill for 10 minutes on high then turn down to 375°..
- Here's what you'll need. You can substitute all seasonings for 2 tbsp Goya Seasoning..
- Slice the tops from your Jalapeños and reserve them. Using a jalapeño corer, carefully remove all membranes and seeds..
- Heat your cheese mixture and all seasonings in the microwave for 1.5 minutes..
- Stir well and place mixture in a Ziplock Bag while still warm..
- Snip the bottom corner off and pipe cheese into your empty jalapeños. Add a fresh cilantro leaves to the top of your cheese. Place sliced caps back on for presentation purposes..
- Place on indirect heat for 30 to 35 minutes - depending upon the size of your jalapeños. Cover and seal..
- If opting: FOR THE BRONCO BERRY SAUCE ● 3/4 cup water ● 1/3 cup sugar ● 1/4 cup corn syrup ● 3 tablespoons pectin ● 2 teaspoons cornstarch ● 1 teaspoon vinegar ● 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring ● 1/8 teaspoon onion powder ● One dash cayenne pepper ● One dash garlic powder ● One dash paprika ● 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper ● 1/2 teaspoon minced canned jalapeno peppers. Simmer sauce for 25 minutes. Stir regularly..
- Yup! Ugly as all hell. But, do enjoy these super low carb, tummy filling, spicy, hot, creamy, spicy little snacks of goodness! Unless you're a kid - these go great with ice cold Mexican beer!.
As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This recipe came from taste testing poppers all over. I combined what I liked and discarded the rest. You can use fresh peppers or prepackaged peppers (not recommended,to soft). Learn how to cook Low Carb Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup Recipe that is keto friendly and packed with flavor.