Grilled Zucchini Salad. When your garden is awash with zucchini and yellow squash, grill them into submission and make this fork and knife salad. Chunky zucchini are grilled until smoky and tender and then tossed in a bright lemon vinaigrette while still warm so that the squash gets a chance to soak in all that flavor. Heat the grill to high heat.
Grilled zucchini salad is an easy to make, low-calorie dish that's perfect for summertime. Serve grilled zucchini salad with corn on the cob, burgers, whole grilled fish, or portobello mushrooms. Koussa, or zucchini squash, is a love of mine since my early childhood. You can cook Grilled Zucchini Salad using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Zucchini Salad
- It's 2 pounds of medium zucchini, halved lengthwise.
- It's 1 teaspoon of plus 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- You need 6 of scallions, sliced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper (can make spicy).
- Prepare of Kosher salt.
One of my mom's signature dishes was this amazing stuffed zucchini, and I do try to make it once in a while. But, more often than not, I opt for a quick something like today's Mediterranean-style grilled zucchini salad. How to Make this Grilled Zucchini Salad Prepare Veggies: While your zucchini is grilling, grab a grill pan and combine sliced tomatoes and corn inside the pan; drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Preheat grill to a medium heat.
Grilled Zucchini Salad step by step
- Heat grill to medium heat. Brush zucchini with 1 teaspoon of the oil and grill until tender, 5-7 minutes per side..
- Cut the zucchini into 1 inch pieces and toss in a large bowl with scallions, lemon juice, red pepper, the remaining tablespoon of oil, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Serve at room temperature..
Cut the stem off the top of each zucchini, then slice into ¼ inch slices lengthwise. Lay each slice out on a sheet pan in a single layer. Brush both sides of the zucchini slices with canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the grilled zucchini on a platter and sprinkle with the parsley and scallions. Drizzle the dressing on top -- you might not need the whole amount, so go gradually.