Quick Layered Chicken Enchiladas. Tear flour tortillas into pieces and form a layer in the bottom of the baking pan. Spoon half of sour cream mixture over tortilla layer. Form a layer of chicken strips, a layer of beans and half of the shredded cheese.
Roll up and place seam side down over sauce. Boil chicken until it falls apart, then shred. In a saucepan combine soup, milk, sour cream, chiles, garlic salt, salt, oregano, and chili powder. You can have Quick Layered Chicken Enchiladas using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick Layered Chicken Enchiladas
- Prepare 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- You need 1-2 Packets of Lawry's Chicken Taco Seasoning.
- It's 1 lbs of Bag Shredded Cheese (I use sharp cheddar or Mexican mix) (Brand of your choice).
- It's of White Corn tortillas.
- Prepare 2.25 oz of Black Sliced Olives.
- It's 28 oz of Can Green Enchilada sauce.
Pour a thin layer of sauce from above to cover the bottom of pan. Then add the shredded chicken to the remaining soup/sauce mixture. In a medium pot, simmer chicken broth until just warm, then remove from heat. In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream, enchilada sauce, and green chilies to make the sauce.
Quick Layered Chicken Enchiladas step by step
- Begin by boiling chicken in water.
- After chicken begins to boil add Chicken Taco Seasoning.
- After chicken has cooked thoroughly drain juice from pot.
- Use 2 forks to shred chicken by holding whole pieces with one fork and shredding with other or dragging fork across meat to shred (you can use meat shredder if one is available).
- Take casserole dish and layer first set of tortillas, spread cheese covering tortillas, add shredded chicken (not much), add enchilada sauce as well (not much).
- Repeat previous step, this time adding more cheese, more chicken, and a bit more enchilada sauce. (Lightly spread with back of spoon if needed).
- Now place last layer of tortillas, add only cheese to very top layer, add black olives..
- You may also add to last layer, diced fresh tomatoes, green onion, cilantro, or any ingredient that fits your taste..
- Bake in over on 400° for 15-20 mins or until cheese is melted and golden around edges..
- Let stand for 5-7mins, serve in squares and enjoy!.
Dip tortillas in broth and layer over sauce, to completely fill the bottom of the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ready to make layered chicken and black bean enchiladas? How to Make Layered Black Bean Enchiladas. Everyone that tastes this dish really seems to enjoy it!