Shrimp on Pasta with Marinara Sauce. On this video lesson, chef Gino Barbaro shares a recipe for pasta seafood - shrimp and scallops. Homemade Pasta With Seared Shrimp and Scallops in a Lemon, Garlic, Butter, White Wine Sauce. Shrimp is mixed with a zesty marinara sauce and served over pasta.
But why not make your own? Homemade marinara sauce is easier to make than you might guess, and is a wonderful way to introduce yourself to pasta sauces. This recipe can easily be doubled for freezing and sharing, and it is a great pizza sauce as well. You can have Shrimp on Pasta with Marinara Sauce using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp on Pasta with Marinara Sauce
- It's 1 Tbs of extra virgin Olive Oil.
- You need of Try to make equal amounts of the vegetables:.
- You need 1/2 of small onion, finely chopped.
- It's 1/2 of small carrot, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of small stalk of celery, finely chopped.
- It's 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped garlic.
- You need 14 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- It's 2 oz of dry red wine.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbs of freeze-dried oregano, use 1/3 less if dried.
- You need 1/2 Tbs of freeze-dried basil, use 1/3 less if dried.
- You need 1/2 Tbs of freeze-dried parsley, use 1/3 less if dried.
- It's 1 tsp of brown sugar (I use 1 tsp white sugar and a drop of molasses).
- Prepare of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of Butter.
- You need 4-6 oz of shelled shrimp.
- It's 3 oz of spaghetti.
- Prepare of Parmesan Reggiano cheese to grind over pasta.
Experiment with adding other ingredients to this basic recipe for diﬀerent. This recipe quickly turns a batch of homemade marinara sauce into dinner You can serve it right out of the pan, with crusty bread and a green vegetable Or, remove the shrimp and toss the sauce with a pound of steaming-hot spaghetti or another long, thin pasta. This delicious Barilla® Marinara Shrimp Pasta With Vegetables is a beautiful meal that tastes like a restaurant special and is impressive enough to Jarred pasta sauce is a lifesaver when you want to prepare a quick and healthy meal for your hungry family members. I make sure to always have.
Shrimp on Pasta with Marinara Sauce instructions
- In a pot, heat the oil over medium heat until hot. Add the onion and garlic and saute, stirring very frequently, until the onion is translucent about 3-4 minutes..
- Add the celery and carrots then cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano, parsley, fish sauce, and wine. Simmer, covered, on low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and the vegetables are completely tender...
- Stir in the brown sugar or white sugar/molasses combo. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper as needed. Add the butter and stir into sauce..
- In a food processor, blend the sauce until it is smooth. I use a stick blender right in the pot..
- Simmer some more if sauce is too thin. Keep warm while you cook the pasta..
- When the Pasta is about ready, bring the sauce to a simmer and add the shrimp and cook gently until pink, don't overcook. Put on plates and pass the cheese..
- Serve with slices of Italian bread and a good red wine..
Home > Recipes > Pastas > Shrimp and Pasta with Marinara Sauce. Add tomato sauce and paste and water and seasonings. Don't let it burn on bottom. Instant Pot ~ Spicy Marinara SauceMama Of Many Blessings. A creamy Shrimp and Penne Pasta with Creamy Marinara Sauce is a quick, easy and tasty meal for a busy night.