Creamy Cajun Chicken Sausage Pasta. Creamy Cajun Chicken Sausage Pasta is a wonderful weeknight one pot pasta dish! Indeed, Cajun Chicken Pasta with Sausage just seemed like a natural choice! Creamy Cajun Shrimp And Sausage Pasta
Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat. Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is the perfect family meal. Juicy cajun-spiced chicken is served over a bed of creamy linguine that's packed full of sautéed veggies. You can cook Creamy Cajun Chicken Sausage Pasta using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Cajun Chicken Sausage Pasta
- Prepare 8 oz of penne pasta.
- It's 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3-4 of chicken thighs.
- You need 13 oz of cajun sausage.
- It's 8 oz of white button mushrooms (sliced).
- It's 1 of medium onion diced small.
- It's of Cajun seasoning to taste.
- Prepare of Italian seasoning to taste.
- It's of Salt and pepper to taste optional.
- Prepare of Creamy Parmesan Sauce.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- It's 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 cup of greek yogurt or heavy cream.
- It's 2 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- You need of Sea salt to taste.
- It's Dash of parsley.
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is one of our favorite dinners. Spicy cajun seasoned chicken, tons of veggies, and a creamy sauce. A spicy and creamy Cajun pasta dish with blackened shrimp and andouille sausage. Do you have a dish that you always order at a favorite restaurant?
Creamy Cajun Chicken Sausage Pasta instructions
- Boil pasta in salty water. Drain and set aside..
- Chicken, sausage, mushrooms and onions: ▪︎Generously season chicken with salt, pepper, Cajun and Italian seasoning. Do not slice chicken yet. You will be cooking it whole. ▪︎Sausage: slice into ¼ inch circles and slice mushrooms. Cut up onion..
- In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp butter and melt it over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add whole chicken thighs and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side until browned for a total of 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken onto a plate and slice into strips..
- Add sliced sausage pieces and brown them on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until darker in color around the edges. Remove from the skillet onto a plate..
- Deglaze the pan with a splash of water and add 2tbsp butter and sliced mushrooms and onions into the skillet add more butter as well if needed. Saute your onions and mushrooms until they look moist and dark. Once cooked good remove them from the pan as well..
- The saucey part: To make the sauce, add remaining 1 tbsp butter to the pan, allow it to melt and then cook garlic in it until slightly browned – only for a couple of minutes. Next add chicken broth, worcestershire sauce and greek yogurt or heavy cream and bring to a light simmer. Add Cajun seasoning, paprika and garlic powder and mix into the sauce..
- Add parmesan cheese and whisk to blend for 2-3 minutes to thicken the sauce. Taste the sauce and add salt if needed..
- Add cooked pasta into the sauce and mix in well. Next add the chicken, sausage, onions and mushrooms back into the pan and allow them to reheat for 2-3 minutes. Close the lid for it to remain hot! Top with parsley, serve immediately and enjoy!!.
I do, and it's Creole Pasta at this lovely little bistro in our new neighborhood. I crave it and I wish I could try something else from the menu, but I just can't. This pasta combines poached, shredded chicken and sautéed slices of Andouille sausage with a creamy, chicken stock based roux seasoned with an assortment of Cajun spices. It is similar to the classic Cajun dish gumbo - it's started with a roux with shredded chicken and sausage, but rather. Chicken dredged in Cajun spices is sauteed with bell peppers and mushrooms, and presented in a basil-cream sauce over linguine.