Beef enchiladas. Ground beef and onion are wrapped in flour tortillas, topped with Cheddar cheese and black olives, then baked. This is also great with leftover chicken, shredded beef or turkey. Serve with a green salad or beans and rice.
This is also great with leftover chicken, shredded beef or turkey. Serve with a green salad or beans and rice. Brown meat and onions in large skillet. You can have Beef enchiladas using 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef enchiladas
- You need of For sauce.
- You need 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It's 3 tablespoons of flour.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It's Pinch of cinnamon.
- It's 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 cups of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of For enchiladas.
- You need 1 tablespoon of extra virgin oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 450 g of mince.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It's of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of Sweetcorn.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans.
- It's 8 of wholemeal tortillias.
- It's of Grated cheese to top.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, green onion, and jalapeno pepper until the beef is evenly brown. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Add a tablespoon of cheese and roll the tortillas closed. Place the filled tortillas, seam-side down, on the prepared baking dish.
Beef enchiladas instructions
- This sauce comes together quickly once you get started, so measure the dry ingredients (the flour, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt and optional cinnamon) into a small bowl and place it near the stove. Place the tomato paste and broth near the stove as well..
- In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, warm the oil until it’s it’s hot enough that a light sprinkle of the flour/spice mixture sizzles on contact..
- Once it’s ready, pour in the flour and spice mixture. While whisking constantly, cook until fragrant and slightly deepened in color, about 1 minute. Whisk the tomato paste into the mixture, then slowly pour in the broth while whisking constantly to remove any lumps. Electronic whisker works very well here..
- Keep on heat and continue to stir for 5 or so minutes. Sauce should become nice and thick. Remove from heat, then whisk in the vinegar and season to taste with a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper. Add more salt, if necessary..
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add beef and cook until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat..
- Return beef mixture to pan over medium heat. Add chilli powder and cumin and season with salt and pepper, then stir in enchilada sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in corn and black beans..
- Add a large scoop of meat mixture onto each tortilla and roll up. Place rolled up tortillas side by side in a 23 x 33cm baking dish and top with cheeses then bake in the evening for 15 or so minutes..
- And viola! Even had 2 leftover.
Beef Enchiladas I love that there are so many variations of Beef Enchiladas in this big-wide-world. Simple ones, filled with a plain cooked beef filling then topped with enchilada sauce and (lots of) cheese. Fancy ones with the addition of chillies, beans, corn and even olives, sometimes even bacon. How to make beef enchiladas: Cook the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain the grease and then sprinkle the meat with the homemade taco seasoning and stir with tomato sauce.