Fajita Chili. With chipotle butter, cilantro, bell peppers, onions. Served with Mexican rice, black beans & flour tortillas. Heat olive oil, chili flakes, onions, jalapeños, and garlic in soup pot until the onions are translucent.
In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Bring to a boil over high heat. SEASON the chicken with Mexican blend. You can cook Fajita Chili using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fajita Chili
- Prepare 1 can of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 packages of top sirloin.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- You need 6 of Sweet mini peppers.
- It's of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 3 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare pinch of red pepper flakes.
- You need dash of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It's 1 packages of shredded sharp cheddar.
The steak chili is steak only - no ground beef. In Texas, chili is typically made with little-to-no beans. But this chili has just a twist of Tex-Mex, so we are throwing in a can of black beans with traditional fajita seasonings for flavor. I like a bean mixture, so as a nod to my dad's chili, I also include a can of red chili beans.
Fajita Chili instructions
- First take your top sirloin and cube it..
- Toss the top sirloin into a very hot pot to sear off the meat..
- First reduce heat to medium after your meat is seared.Now take your sweet mini peppers and julienne them. Next dice your onion. Mince some garlic cloves too..
- Toss the sliced veggies and minced garlic onto the top sirloin. Stir..
- Pour in the diced tomatoes.
- Now pour in the tomato sauce.stir..
- Now we have our spice mixture. Pour in the chili powder first. Stir. Add in the garlic powder, cumin, ground black pepper , smoked paprika, salt, red pepper flakes and stir..
- I let it simmer for 1-2 hours until meat is very tender and vegetables are soft. Top with a generous amount of cheddar cheese and serve..
All Reviews for Fajita Chili Con Carne - of Reviews. Reviews: Most Helpful Most Helpful Most Positive Least Positive Newest. Nutritional Information Fajita Chili Con Carne. Learn about Chicken Fajitas and other Chili's menu choices. At Chili's, fresh is happening now!