Spicy Habanero pilau rice with Chargrilled Vegetables. The Hairy Bikers' pilau rice is the perfect side dish for a curry feast. Freshly ground spices add so much flavour and make you feel like a pro. Today's video is about vegetable pilau rice which is very tasty and very healthy.
This quick vegetable pilau rice recipe is the perfect standalone dish or accompaniment to curries. This recipe comes straight from my mama's kitchen. It's cosy and comforting, flavoursome but not too spicy, and laced with soft chunks of potato. You can cook Spicy Habanero pilau rice with Chargrilled Vegetables using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Habanero pilau rice with Chargrilled Vegetables
- It's 1 cup of basmati rice soaked for 30mins & washed.
- It's 1 of habanero pepper.
- It's 1 of courgette.
- Prepare 1 of Bell pepper.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- It's 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 6 of chestnut mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tumeric, paprika, cumin.
- Prepare of S&P.
- It's of Vegetable stock.
- Prepare of Juice from 1/2 lemon.
- You need 2 tsp of dried coriander.
- It's 2 of tomatoes chopped.
Pilau rice is traditional Indian rice that is perfect paired with a variety of classic Indian curries like tikka masala, rogan josh, or korma. Its golden yellow colour is made by turmeric, a natural food colouring agent, which dyes the rice during the cooking process. Spiced with cumin seeds, cardamom, cloves. This is sweet & spicy so beware.
Spicy Habanero pilau rice with Chargrilled Vegetables instructions
- Season pepper, courgette & mushrooms with oil s&p & the dried thyme set aside.
- Fry onion for a few minutes. When starting to soften add spices & garlic. Dry fry for 2 mins. Add rice & fry for 1 min.
- Add chopped Habanero & stock a little at a time. This will take about 12 mins till the rice is cooked but firm..
- Remove rice to cooling tray add tomatoes, coriander, lemon & season....
- Heat a chargrill pan & cook courgettes, peppers & mushrooms separatly adding to rice one each is cooked....
- Ready to serve.
This is great served over cream cheese. Try adding it to your favorite barbecue sauce for a little extra kick. You can also make this with jalapenos and green bell pepper to. You can now watch how to make Spiced Pilau Rice in our Cookery School Term Perfect Rice and Pasta - 'Long-grain Rice' - video. I've always loved the fragrant flavour of spiced pilau rice, and could easily eat it just on it's own, adding nuts to give it some crunch. · Vegetable Pulao (Veg Pulav) is a spicy rice dish prepared by cooking rice with various vegetables and spices.