Greek Pasta Salad (Version 2). Adding some yogurt might be an option for a nice creamy version.may try that next time as well. Greek Pasta Salad II. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This Greek Pasta Salad is light and fresh, loaded with garden tomatoes, bell peppers and cucumbers tossed in a homemade Greek dressing with Kalamata olives and I love pasta salad, but taking my Greek Salad recipe and adding it to pasta is my favorite when I want a light pasta salad with no mayo.
Easy Greek pasta salad with cucumbers and tomatoes has all of the flavors of a Greek salad with addition of pasta. It's refreshing and so easy to make! Greek Pasta Salad is a must have side dish recipe! You can have Greek Pasta Salad (Version 2) using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek Pasta Salad (Version 2)
- It's of Dressing.
- Prepare 2-3 Tbsp of Dijon Mustard.
- You need 1 of Lemon (Juice).
- It's 1/2 Cup of Red Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2-2/3 Cup of EV Olive Oil.
- Prepare 4 Cloves of Garlic (Minced).
- It's 6 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley (Chopped).
- You need 3-4 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- Prepare of Salt (To Taste).
- Prepare of Pepper (To Taste).
- It's 1 tsp of Sugar (Optional).
- You need of Salad.
- You need 1 lb of Rotini Pasta.
- It's 2 Cans of Large Black Olives (Whole, Halved, or Sliced).
- It's 1 of Large English Cucumber (Or 2 Small to Medium Ones).
- You need 1-2 Cups of Diced Roma Tomatoes (Seeded) (@ 3 Tomatoes).
- It's 1-2 Cups of Diced Red Bell Peppers (Seeded).
- It's 1 Cup of Carrots (Julienned) (Optional).
- Prepare 8 oz of Feta Cheese.
- It's 1/2 Cup of Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese (Optional).
It's so bright and refreshing, it's jam packed with veggies and bits of tangy feta, and it's perfectly Greek Pasta Salad and a Fun Competition. Who doesn't love an intense cooking competition? Pasta salad is easy to make. The ingredients are simple and flexible, so you can make this when you are inundated by summer produce or you can This salad is a mashup between Greek and Italian pasta salad.
Greek Pasta Salad (Version 2) step by step
- Mix all Dressing Ingredients in a Jar or a Bowl EXCEPT the Olive Oil. Slowly pour in the Olive Oil while whisking. Use as much or as little as it takes to get the desired consistency. Refrigerate..
- Wash and Prep all the Veg. and Cheeses. Cook Pasta according to package directions. Drain Pasta and pour it into a Large Mixing Bowl, and allow it to cool..
- Add all of the Salad Ingredients to the bowl and fold them in. Add the Salad Dressing in and mix until you have the amount you prefer. You may use all of the Dressing. Cover and Refrigerate for at least 1 Hour, though it's best after several hours. Enjoy!.
- You may also use a store bought Dressing, if you don't have these ingredients on hand, or if you just don't want the hassle. My favorite store bought Dressing for this recipe has been Olive Garden Italian Dressing. If I recall correctly, about 12 oz. was the perfect amount for this salad, or around half of the big 24 oz. bottle..
Greek because we add both Kalamata and green olives and Italian because we throw. These pasta salads include recipes for classic picnic pasta salads, plus ethnic versions of pasta salad, like Greek, Italian, Mexican and more. Forget those pasta salads from your childhood with tons of mayonnaise, boring vegetables and little flavor. These pasta salad recipes are much more. Greek pasta salad with kalamata olives and oregano vinaigrette.