Beef Barbacoa Tacos. Add the beef to the skillet and turn to coat in the chile sauce using tongs. Slow Cooker Barbacoa-Style Beef Tacos These aren't your average beef tacos. Made with succulent beef chuck roast slow-cooked over eight hours in a blend of chipotles and herbs, this dish will be a crowd pleaser at every family dinner or potluck.
Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Beef barbacoa is a very traditional Mexican meal that almost always makes an appearance at birthdays, baptisms, weddings, sports events, and more. To be honest, it's pretty easy to come up with a "reason" to make it. You can have Beef Barbacoa Tacos using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Barbacoa Tacos
- It's 3 of Dried Chile Peppers.
- Prepare 3 of Hot peppers.
- It's 4 cups of chicken broth, divided.
- Prepare 1 of onion, sliced.
- It's 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It's 1 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 3 tbsp of vegetable oil divided.
- You need 1 can of chipotle chiles packed in oregano.
- You need 2 tbsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tbsp of adobo.
- It's 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 pound of short ribs.
- Prepare 3 lb of top sirloin roast.
- You need 10 of corn tortillas.
- It's of Taco fixin's (ie. shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and onions, cilantro, sour cream).
Even though there are many different ways to make barbacoa, my favorite is with tacos. Juicy, tender and easy Barbacoa Street Tacos are made using a humble hunk of chuck roast, slow cooked with Mexican herbs and spices, lime juice and onion; resulting in a tangy, tender, loaded-with-flavor beef, the perfect complement for these healthy, delicious Barbacoa Street Tacos. Combine beef broth, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, chipotle peppers, garlic, cumin, oregano, and cloves in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
Beef Barbacoa Tacos step by step
- Toast chiles in your sauce pan at medium high heat. You want to get a little char on them..
- Add 2 cups of the chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside..
- While the chile broth is simmering add 1 tbsp oil to a cast iron dutch oven over medium heat. Once hot, add garlic and onions. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes..
- Add 1 cup water, cumin, chiles packed in adobo, fish sauce, adobo and oregano. Cook until fragrant (about 1 minutes).
- Add the remaining chicken broth. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour chiles and broth mix into a blender..
- Add the other half you had been working on in the dutch oven to the blender. Blend until you have a mixed consistency. Set aside..
- Season all the meat with salt and pepper. Add 2 tbsp oil to dutch over over medium high heat. When hot, brown the short ribs over medium high heat. Preheat oven to 275F..
- Add mixture from the blender and two bay leaves. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low..
- Throw your roast into the mix. Cover loosely and cook in the preheated oven for about 3-4 hours. Or until meat is fork tender..
- Remove the roast and short ribs from the sauce.
- The meat from the short ribs can be salvaged (this is the best part!) Discard the bay leaves..
- Meat can be shredded for serving on the spot. Alternatively, if you have the patience, the meat will develop great flavor if you store it with the sauce in the refrigerator over night. I will keep for up to five days..
- When you're ready to eat, shred the meat with a fork. Serve with corn tortillas and your favorite taco toppings (lettuce, tomato, onion, cilantro, avocado, sour cream)..
Pour over beef in the slow cooker. I love this beef barbacoa because the meat is fall-apart tender and the sauce is smoky, slightly spicy and so flavorful. It's an amazing alternative to ground beef tacos or even pulled pork carnitas. With a unique subtly spiced, tangy flavour, use this Beef Barbacoa for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, taquitos - the possibilities are endless. This is a slow cooker version that's simple to put together.