Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Easy Baked Fish Tacos
Easy Baked Fish Tacos. Easy Baked Fish Tacos are easy to prepare and loaded with fresh ingredients! Made with fresh cod fish, a tangy red cabbage slaw and a creamy garlic cilantro sauce, these baked fish tacos are perfect for Taco Tuesday or any day! These easy baked fish tacos are probably my favorite way to eat tacos.
Make sure there are no bones and season both sides liberally with seasoning blend. Spread the panko out in an even layer on a medium baking sheet*. Break fish apart and serve in warm corn tortillas with toppings and a squeeze of lime juice on top. You can cook Easy Baked Fish Tacos using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Baked Fish Tacos
- It's of For the tacos:.
- You need 2 of large flounder fillets (top portion preferably and skinned).
- It's of Blackening or Cajun seasoning of choice... Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic works great and is my favorite.
- You need of Flour tortillas.
- It's 1 of large tomato.
- You need 2 of limes.
- It's of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Avocado.
- Prepare of Green onions.
- You need of Cheese of Choice: I used Kraft mozzarella.
- Prepare of Sour Cream.
- It's of salt & pepper.
- You need of For the black beans:.
- You need 1 (20 oz) of can of black beans drained but not rinsed.
- It's 1/2 of red onion chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- It's 1 of jalapeno seeded and finely diced.
- Prepare 2 of small yellow peppers seeded and diced.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of Chicken Broth approx. 1 cup (you can substitute water).
Heat olive oil and remaining jalapeno half in a large skillet over medium heat; swirl oil to coat skillet evenly. Season tilapia fillets with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil. Remove cod from marinade and season both sides of each filet with salt and pepper.
Easy Baked Fish Tacos instructions
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray..
- Prepare your fish by rinsing it and patting it dry. Make sure there are no bones and season both sides liberally with seasoning blend. Place on baking sheet and set aside..
- Dice your tomato and place in a bowl. Add the zest of one lime. Cut lime in half and add the juice of one half to the tomato. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Set this aside to marinade for a bit..
- Place fish in oven. Cooking times vary depending on the size of your filets. Mine took about 20 minutes because they were really thick. The fish is done when it flakes easily in the middle with a fork..
- While the fish cooks. Heat a pot over medium heat. Add your olive oil. Then add the onions, peppers, and garlic. Saute until soft. Next add your cumin paprika and black beans. Stir well to combine. Add just enough liquid (chicken broth or water) to cover the beans. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let simmer on low until fish is done. *note: if you want a little extra kick you can add some chipotle powder..
- When fish is done remove from oven and place on a pan to cool. If you leave it on the hot pan you just cooked on it will continue to cook even though it's out of the oven. Break it into chunks for the tacos..
- Wrap your tortillas in foil and place in oven to warm while you prepare the rest of the garnishes..
- Chop a good bunch of cilantro and stir this in with the tomato and lime. Chop your avocado and squeeze some lime juice over (using the other half of your lime from earlier.) Chop some green onions. Slice the 2nd lime for serving..
- Remove your tortillas. Turn oven off and turn the heat off from beans. Now your ready to build your tacos!.
- I start with the cheese first. Then the fish. Next I pile on the toppings..
Place the fish fillets on the baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the fish and rub to coat. These Easy Fish Tacos are packed full of seasoned flaky fish in a hearty warm tortilla. They are topped with cabbage, avocado, cojita and Chipotle Crema (Don't skip the crema), even those not too sure about fish tacos will love these.
via Blogger https://ift.tt/3udZ3Gr
May 24, 2021 at 05:03PM
via Blogger https://ift.tt/3fesu72
May 24, 2021 at 05:11PM