Creamy Stove Top Mac and Cheese. Mix in the mustard, paprika and hot sauce. Then fold in the cream cheese and stir well until melted. Lastly stir in the cooked pasta.
Cook macaroni in a saucepan on top of the stove according to package directions until tender. Add cream, ground mustard, and cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Add pasta to boiling water and cook. You can cook Creamy Stove Top Mac and Cheese using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Stove Top Mac and Cheese
- It's 1 lb of pasta of choice, I like spirals for this.
- It's 1 of creamy cheese packet from velvet shells and cheese. Save pasta from box for something else.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need of Salt.
- You need 2 cups of shredded Mexican blend cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
It's consummate side dish that goes with a myriad of entrees. A big bowl of macaroni and cheese ranks right up there with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for me when it comes to comfort food. My go-to macaroni and cheese is my favorite baked version - I love the buttery crumb topping and crusted bits of macaroni and cheese around the edges!. However, my father-in-law makes a seriously mean stovetop macaroni and cheese.
Creamy Stove Top Mac and Cheese step by step
- Boil the noodles according to package directions..
- Drain noodles and add back to the pot. Squeeze the cheese packet, 2 cups of cheese, butter and cream and salt. Mix and put the lid on the pot. Give it a few minutes to melt and stir it again. I leave it on the burner I cooked it on for the residual heat. You’re ready to eat!.
Instructions Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Directions Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.