Mexican Chicken Sausage Breakfast Cups. Mix sausage, salt, pepper, & all seasonings in a bowl until combined. Grease a muffin tin & start to form shells with the sausage mix. Cover the sides & leave room in the middle for the eggs.
In this zesty Mexican-inspired recipe, queso fresco cheese, peppers, onion, chicken sausage, and eggs are cooked up with crisp corn tortilla pieces, and garnished with jalapeño and cilantro. You may not be able to eat this with your hands like a breakfast tortilla wrap, but trust us--you'll enjoy every forkful! Spoon potato mixture evenly into dough-lined cups. You can have Mexican Chicken Sausage Breakfast Cups using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Chicken Sausage Breakfast Cups
- Prepare 1 lb of ground chicken.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It's 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of Paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Crush Red Pepper.
- It's 1 tsp of Parsley.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- You need 1/3 cup of + 3 TBSP egg whites.
- It's 1 of Jalapeño- no seeds if desire mild heat.
- You need of Pico de Gallo.
- It's of Guacamole to top.
- Prepare of Chopped Spinach.
Spoon sausage mixture evenly over potato mixture (cups will be very full). Mexican breakfast cups are a great make ahead meal that you can grab-and-go for breakfast all week. Or, these would also be a great option for feeding a crowd. Bacon, cheese, corn, black beans, and avocado go into a muffin tin.
Mexican Chicken Sausage Breakfast Cups instructions
- Mix sausage, salt, pepper, & all seasonings in a bowl until combined..
- Grease a muffin tin & start to form shells with the sausage mix. Cover the sides & leave room in the middle for the eggs..
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, salt, & pepper. Pour egg mixture into the middle of each cup..
- Top with Pico de Gallo, Jalapeño, and chopped spinach..
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Top with Guacamole. Bon appétit!.
An egg mixture that's been kicked up with hot sauce gets poured over the Mexican blend. Lightly spray a muffin pan with cooking spray or line with cupcake liners. In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink. Preparation Mix sausage, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and dried parsley in a bowl until well combined. Grease a muffin tin and start to form shells with the sausage mix.