Italian sausages and vegetable skillet with spicy green harissa. And our spunky green harissa adds deep flavor and a little kick of spice in a flash. Transfer the sausages and vegetables to individual plates. Garnish with the scallions and as much green harissa as you like and serve any remaining harissa on the side.
Italian sausages and vegetable skillet with spicy green harissa. Olive oil•harissa paste•feta cheese•red onions•beef mince•potatoes cut rough chunks•chopped tomatoes•Freshly chopped mint, coriander and parsley. They're basically the French equivalent to Italian sausages, so they're my go to substitute for recipes. You can have Italian sausages and vegetable skillet with spicy green harissa using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian sausages and vegetable skillet with spicy green harissa
- You need 1 of red onion.
- It's 3 oz of shredded red or other cabbage.
- It's 1 of zucchini or other summer squash.
- Prepare of (optional) 6 oz grape or cherry tomatoes.
- It's 2 of fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about 1/4 lb each).
- It's 3 of scallions (green onions).
- Prepare of Spicy green harissa, or salsa (to taste).
My mom made sausage and pepper sandwiches on So in an attempt to make something new with the remainder, Marc suggested using potatoes. This Italian sausage and vegetable skillet is what I. This sausage recipe has become a "Must have" in our fridge at all times! Try it and you'll see what we're talking about.
Italian sausages and vegetable skillet with spicy green harissa instructions
- Peel the onion and cut into ½-inch pieces..
- Coarsely chop the cabbage..
- Cut the zucchini into ½-inch pieces..
- Cut the tomatoes in half. I personally don't care for warm tomatoes, so I skip these..
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired..
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the sausages and cook, turning once, until browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board to rest. Do not clean the pan..
- In the same pan used for the sausages, stir in the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the cabbage and zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage begins to wilt and the zucchini starts to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the tomatoes start to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. While the vegetables cook, slice the sausages and scallions..
- Cut the sausages on the diagonal into ½-inch-thick slices..
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions for garnish..
- To the pan with the vegetables, stir in the sausages and cook until the sausages are cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes..
- Transfer the sausages and vegetables to individual bowls or plates. Garnish with the scallions and as much green harissa as you like and serve..
We want to hear about your own. Italian Sausages and Vegetable Skillet With Spicy Green Harissa. Italian Sausages and Vegetable Skewers With Two Romescos. Sprinkle diced vegetables with a little salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.