Cavatappi in a Meat Sauce. Corkscrews of Cavatappi pasta are baked with tender slices of sweet Italian sausage and a homemade marinara sauce in this hearty dish. Warm the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
You can also use fusilli or penne. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. You may not win your own personal battle of the bulge, with the creamy, cheesy sauce and crunchy Parmesan crisps, but who cares with this kind of flavor? You can cook Cavatappi in a Meat Sauce using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cavatappi in a Meat Sauce
- You need 3/4 pounds of beef meatballs see my recipes.
- Prepare 3 quarts of water to boil pasta.
- It's 1 tablespoon of salt to boil pasta.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to boil pasta.
- You need 1-1/4 pounds of ground pork.
- Prepare 1 pound of ground sirlion.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of loose Italian sausage.
- Prepare 2 quarts of spaghetti sauce see my recipes.
- It's To taste of salt for the meats.
- You need To taste of feta cheese crumbled up.
If using any fresh produce, thoroughly rinse and pat dry. We love pasta with meat sauce in my house. It's hearty and satisfying with the perfect ratio of carbs and protein. I almost always choose super lean My pantry is pretty much NEVER without a pound of cavatappi pasta.
Cavatappi in a Meat Sauce step by step
- Add tablespoon salt to the water along with the olive oil. Cook the pasta as instructed on package. Brown the meat and meatballs. Add in the spaghetti sauce ingredients and simmer 20-25 minutes..
- Stir in the pasta. Serve with feta cheese sprinkled on top. I hope you enjoy!!!.
The adorable curlycues weave in and out of the sauce and dance around on the. Cavatappi [kavaˈtappi] is macaroni formed in a helical tube shape. Cavatappi is the Italian word for corkscrews. It is known by other names, including cellentani, amori, spirali, or tortiglione. It is not to be confused with a different pasta shape that is often called "corkscrew pasta" and that also goes by.