Stuffed courgettes in tomato sauce. Try these healthy stuffed courgettes, filled with tender spiced pork and roasted in tomato sauce. See more Vegetarian recipes at Tesco Real Food. Put the sauce in an ovenproof dish, sit the courgettes on top and dust with a pinch of paprika.
When the courgettes are ready, pile the lamb into the cavities and drizzle on the sauce. Stuffed zucchini with meat and Yogurt sauce and tomato sauce It is a dish from the Middle East. Delicious dish and worth a try. You can have Stuffed courgettes in tomato sauce using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed courgettes in tomato sauce
- You need 2 of courgettes.
- Prepare 250 g of beef mince.
- Prepare 100 g of rice (uncooked).
- It's 1 tsp of vegeta (or salt).
- It's 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of chili.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 1 tin of tomatoes.
- You need 1 tin of water.
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato puré.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sambal oelek.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
A great way to use up courgettes or marrows. You will probably already havemost of the ingredients in your cupboards. Tuna goes surprisingly well with courgettes and the topping becomes lovely and crispy as it bakes. Stuffed pepper, tomato and courgette are my idea of the ultimate comfort food, so fill 'em up.
Stuffed courgettes in tomato sauce instructions
- Start with preparing the courgettes. Cut the ends off and scrape the inside out, this is easiest done with a teaspoon, vegetable peeler or a small knife..
- Rinse the rice in cold water and mix with beef mince and spices. Stuff the courgettes with the mixture, but make sure to leave some room on both sides (the rice will swell up a bit!)..
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce in a pot and put the courgettes in it. Simmer with a lid on for about one hour..
- Enjoy with some bread and butter!.
This is my take on the Mexican dish chile relleno, in which green poblano peppers are stuffed with cheese or mince, deep-fried in a light batter, then cooked in a roast tomato sauce. Trim the courgettes and coarsely grate. Lift up handfuls over the sink and squeeze firmly to remove all excess moisture. Add the sauce to the meatball pan and gently heat through. Serve with pasta, rice or cooked buckwheat, as we have, and garnish with basil.