Quick, Easy and Creamy Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl. Chef Dai demonstrates how to make "Oyakodon" - a simple yet delicious Japanese rice bowl recipe with tender, juicy nuggets of chicken and fluffy, creamy egg. Easy Asian home cooking recipes, tips and advice from Adam Liaw, host of Destination Flavour and author of six Asian cookbooks. Oyakodon is a rice bowl of chicken and egg cooked with onion in a sweet soy-based sauce.
Oyakodon is a Japanese rice bowl dish. It's a very common food at home. It's simple and easy to make. You can have Quick, Easy and Creamy Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick, Easy and Creamy Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl
- It's 1 of Chicken thigh meat.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 bunch of Mitsuba.
- Prepare 4 of Egg.
- Prepare 4 of servings Warm cooked rice.
- You need 1 of Shichimi spice (optional).
- It's of For the sauce.
- You need 200 ml of ◎Water.
- It's 1 of ◎Dashi stock granules.
- You need 1 tbsp of ◎Sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ◎Soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ◎Mirin.
Top with chicken and egg mixture. Slide the egg and chicken over cooked rice, garnish with chopped scallions and shredded nori. It tastes light and fresh even though the chicken is fried. I made a bed of jasmine rice and quinoa mix.
Quick, Easy and Creamy Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl step by step
- Beat the eggs. Slice onions into wedges, discard the root of mitsuba and cut into 3. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces..
- Boil the ◎ ingredients for the sauce in a skillet. Add the onion and simmer for about a minute..
- Add the chicken and simmer until it has cooked through..
- Top with mitsuba..
- Pour half of the beaten eggs right away. When it puffs up, pour in the rest of the eggs. Turn off the heat when it's half cooked..
- Place on top of the rice in a bowl, using a ladle. Sprinkle with shichimi spice if you like. Done!.
Nothing but chicken, rice, yogurt, vegetables, and spices. Lots of spices: I start with three tablespoons of curry powder, but often add more to taste, up to a full This curry is warming, creamy, and flavorful. Rice bowls are always a hit in my house, simple and comforting but also just a little exotic, and this. Oyakodon, literally means "parent-and-child rice bowl or donburi", a cute reference to the combination of chicken and egg in this recipe. This donburi is a Japanese rice bowl dish, in which ingredients are simmered together in a sauce, and And this is so easy, I can almost make it with my eyes closed.