You can have Scoop Cake using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scoop Cake
- You need of Sponge Cake.
- You need 3 of Eggs *at room temperature.
- You need 90 g (100 ml) of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 20 g of Butter *melted.
- You need 90 g (150 ml) of Self-Raising Flour.
- Prepare of Filling & Topping.
- You need 300 ml of Thickened Cream.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Caster Sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice *optional.
- It's 1/4 cup of Syrup *https://www.hirokoliston.com/basic-syrup/.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of Grand Marnier *OR other Liqueur.
- It's of Fruit of your choice *Today I used 1 punnet Strawberries and Blueberries.
Scoop Cake instructions
- Beat Eggs and Sugar and make the mixture very thick and pale. Add Vanilla and Butter, sift in Flour, and gently combine..
- How to cook: • Bake in a cake tin in the oven at 170℃ for 30-35 minutes • Bake in a Swiss roll pan or baking tray at 200℃ for 10-12 minutes • Cook in a frying pan and make 2-3 large pancakes • Cook in a rice cooker (*find the method here).
- Cool the Sponge Cake completely. Cut into 3 slices..
- Whip Cream and Caster Sugar until soft peaks form. Add Lemon Juice and mix well. In a small bowl, combine Syrup and Grand Marnier (OR other Liqueur). Cut Strawberries into quarters or small pieces, but save some for the decoration..
- Place a slice of Sponge Cake in serving bowl or dish, sprinkle with Syrup mixture, spread 1/3 whipped Cream and scatter some Strawberries. Cover with another slice of Sponge Cake, and repeat the process..
- Sprinkle the syrup mixture over the last slice of Sponge Cake, then place it on top of the second layer of Cream and Strawberries. Spread the remaining whipped Cream on top, then decorate with saved Strawberries and Blueberries..