Mexi Queso Chicken & Rice. Add the Olive Oil, Chicken Broth, and Yellow Rice to the skillet and stir to combine. Queso is a Mexican cheese but it is also short for chili con queso which translates into chili with cheese. It is the creamy dip you see in most Mexican restaurants.
Depending on thickness of chicken, it may not be cooked all the way through at this point but will finish baking in the oven. Queso Smothered Chicken - Tex-Mex grilled chicken smothered in Queso and served over southwest seasoned orzo. SO quick and easy to make. You can have Mexi Queso Chicken & Rice using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexi Queso Chicken & Rice
- It's 4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- You need of Mexi seasonings of choice: Mrs. Dash Spicy, cumin, chili powder.
- You need of garlic powder, black pepper, ground red pepper.
- You need 1 pkg. of Spanish Style Rice, or your favorite kind, or homemade.
- It's of Queso:.
- You need 2 Tbsp. of flour.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of butter.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It's 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese, not pre-packaged!.
- Prepare of Couple quick dashes of ground red pepper & black pepper.
Queso Chicken Bake - chicken spiced up with Southwestern spices and smothered with chopped tomatoes, green chiles, Queso sauce, topped with Cheddar (or Monterey Jack) cheese on top. Skillet Chicken con Queso is the ultimate one pot meal! Cheesy rice loaded with cilantro, pico de gallo, green chiles, and cream topped with taco spiced chicken. This one pan chicken skillet recipe is so cheesy, easy, and amazing.
Mexi Queso Chicken & Rice step by step
- Cook rice according to package directions; keep warm..
- Cook chicken breasts seasoned with seasonings of choice. Keep warm..
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter..
- Stir in flour until clumped..
- Slowly whisk in milk until lumps are dissolved..
- Add in seasonings and cheese..
- Stir until smooth and thickened..
- Set up plating station..
I used to always order Pollo con Queso at Mexican Restaurants and now I can easily make it at home. Queso Chicken Casserole is comfort food at its finest! This simple chicken casserole is LOADED with melted cheese, zesty Rotel® Original Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles, tender chicken, corn, and baked on a bed of refried beans. This delicious combo makes a filling dinner or an over the top delicious dip! This post is sponsored by Conagra.