Candied Zucchini Fruit Snacks (dehydrated/dehydrator). How To Dehydrate Zucchini (or Squash) Chips. Thinly sliced, seasoned, dehydrated, and crispy I have one of those small circular tray dehydrators and have dehydrated zucchini but it doesn't hold I have been reading up on it, and it is suggested that most vegetables and fruits get blanched before. Dehydrated zucchini takes up very little space.
Just add the dehydrated zucchini to the boiling water at the same time you add pasta. How To Dehydrate Fruit - Excalibur Food Dehydrator Review. Dehydrating zucchini and summer squash is very easy and do not require much preparation - just wash Thinly sliced, seasoned and crispy zucchini chips make a delicious hiking snack. You can have Candied Zucchini Fruit Snacks (dehydrated/dehydrator) using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Candied Zucchini Fruit Snacks (dehydrated/dehydrator)
- Prepare 4 1/2 cup of dicedd zucchini (peeled and cored) ( about 1/2 inch pieces) (divided into thirds).
- You need 3 envelope of kool aid ( 3 different flavors and colors) ( I used watermelon:pink,.black cherry: dark red, peach mango: yellowish).
- You need 3 cup of granulated sugar divided into thirds.
- Prepare 12 cup of water divided into thirds.
- It's 4 1/2 tbsp of colored sugar crystals ( color will depend on what color kool aid you use, red for red, green for green, pink for pink, etc.. ( 1.5 tbl. per color).
- It's 1 of food dehydrator.
- Prepare 3 of pots.
- It's 3 small of bowls.
Spread on dehydrator tray lined with non-stick sheets or parchment paper. Dehydrated Vegetables Dehydrated Food Healthy Snacks Healthy Eating Canned Food Storage · Zucchini Rollatini is low-carb and delicious! Made with strips of grilled zucchini stuffed with a Dehydrator Recipes, Dehydrating Food, Self Sufficiency, Survival, Preserving Food, Preserving the. A delicious and healthy snack you can feed your family!!
Candied Zucchini Fruit Snacks (dehydrated/dehydrator) step by step
- in 3 separate pots place 1 1/2 c. diced zucchini per pot..
- add powder from 1 envelope kool aid per pot. each one a different color/flavor as per ingredients say..
- add 1 cup sugar per pot..
- add 4 cups water per pot. stir well..
- bring to a gentle boil and gently boil for 30 minutes. zucchini is done when tender and the color had soaked through into core of zucchini pieces..
- remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes..
- drain very well, (after draining I placed them on a lint free towel to soak up any additional liquid. kool aid will stain said towel).
- place zucchini onto a food dehydrator. turn it on. thenlet them sit for about 24 hours or until gummy or until dried. they will be sticky..
- let cool. place your colored sugar crystals in 3 separate bowls (each bowl containing a different color 1.5 tbl.).
- place zucchini of same color into matching sugar gently coating your candied zucchini. this gives them a bit of crunch and keeps them from sticking together).
- place your done candied zucchini into a candy bowl and watch the kids eat them up not even knowing it's a vegetable.. :).
- enjoy ( even though this is a vegetable you pretty much boil most if the nutritional value out of it) they are very sweet but very easy to make) great for a project for kids to make provided you help with the boiling aspect).
- I used the as seen on t.v. quick minute microwave food dehydrator I bought at wal mart. this cut down my time and only took me 12-18 minutes to make the whole batch instead of 24 hours...
Zucchini is done when it feels tacky, leathery, or dry to the touch. Dehydrated vegetables and fruit aren't just for backpacking hikers and making oatmeal-raisin Take a spin through the healthy snacks section of any grocery store, and, clearly, veggie chips and fruit And they're not just for snacking! Serve zucchini chips with grilled sausage for a crunchy veggie side dish. Please don't knock it until you tried it. A dessert made of dried fruits soaked in apricot juice and decorated with almonds and pine nuts.