Vanilla Christmas Layer Cake with Creamy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting.
You can cook Vanilla Christmas Layer Cake with Creamy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vanilla Christmas Layer Cake with Creamy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Prepare of CAKE.
- You need 3 cup of cake flour.
- It's 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 2/3 cup of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2/3 cup of milk, I used whole milk.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare of red food coloring.
- It's of FROSTING AND FILLING.
- It's 1 1/2 of recipes for my Basic Creamy Buttercream Frosting, recipe attached in direction step #7.
- It's of GARNISH.
- You need of red, green and white sprinkles.
Vanilla Christmas Layer Cake with Creamy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray 3 - 8 inche cake pans with bakers sprspray.
- Whisk together in a bowl flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl beat butter and sugar until creamy, add flour and milk and give a stir to moisten, then beat in eggs and vanilla, add flour mixture and stir to blend.
- Remove 1/3 of the batter to a seperate bowl, this will be your white layer. To the remaining batter, add enough drops of red food color to get a vivid red. Pour red batter into 2 of the prepared pans and the white batter in the remaining third pan.
- Bake about 12 to 15 minutes just until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on racks in pans 10 minutes , then remove and cool completely before frosting.
- MAKE FROSTING AND FILLING.
- Make 1 1/2 recipes of my Basic Creamy Buttercream frosting in order to have enough to fill and frost the entire cake. Recipe attached below. Use 1 1/2 cup butter and 6 cups confectioner's sugar, adding more cream as needed, see tip in recipe for perfect light creamy frosting https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/367337-basic-creamy-vanilla-buttercream-frosting.
- ASSEMBLE CAKE.
- Place one cooled red layer of cake bottom side up on serving plate.
- Frost with some of the vanilla buttercream frosting.
- Add the white layer, bottom side up.
- Frost with some frostung.
- Top with the second red layer of cake, bottom up.
- Frost entire cake with tthe frosting.
- Garnish cake with sprinkles. Chill cake for 2 hours for easy slicing.