Twice Baked Potatoes #2. The best thing about this recipe is that it's wonderfully flexible. The amounts shown are a guideline, but really it's up to your own imagination and taste. Take baked potatoes to the ultimate level of creamy, cheesy, buttery goodness.
We kept our twice baked potato simple so that you can take it where you want it. At its simplest, a twice-baked potato is creamy, cheesy mashed potatoes cradled in crisp, salty skin. That's the recipe you see here: comforting, satisfying and pretty much ideal. You can cook Twice Baked Potatoes #2 using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Twice Baked Potatoes #2
- Prepare 6 of Idaho potatoes.
- You need 1/2 C of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 C of shredded aged New York cheddar.
- Prepare 2 T of dill butter (see my recipes).
- Prepare 1 T of sour cream.
- It's 1/4 t of fresh thyme; minced.
- It's 1/4 t of lemon peel seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 t of caraway seeds.
- You need 1/4 t of garlic powder.
- It's 1/4 t of onion powder.
- You need 1 of large pinch kosher salt and black pepper.
- It's of olive oil; as needed.
Transfer potatoes to a cutting board, and cut in half. It's a family favorite for a reason. The BEST Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe - cheesy, creamy, and loaded with fluffy mashed potatoes, gooey cheddar cheese, crumbly bacon, and fresh chives. Learn how to make these Easy Twice.
Twice Baked Potatoes #2 step by step
- Pierce each potato several times with a small paring knife. Toss in olive oil. Season with dried spices and thyme. Wrap in foil. Bake at 375°F for approximately 1 hour or until potatoes are easily pierced with a paring knife..
- When potatoes cool, scoop out pulp into a small mixing bowl. Add dill butter, cream, cheddar, salt, and black pepper. Whip until smooth with a mixer or smash with a potato smasher..
- Stuff each potato skin with mashed potato mixture. Bake at 375°F for approximately 10-15 minutes or until mashed potato mixture is thoroughly heated..
- Variations; Herbes de provence, Italian seasoning, dried ranch seasoning, parsely, basil, cilantro, scallions, chives, cayenne, caramelized shallots, habanero, bacon, sour cream, chili powder, like, grapefruit, horseradish, salsa, corn, cotija, parmesean, romano, gruyere, paprika, smoked paprika, applewood seasoning, celery seed, vinegar reduction, rosemary, poppy seeds, diced avocado, roasted cherry tomatoes,.
Twice-baked potatoes are a simple, delicious treat that are sure to please, whether you serve them as an appetizer or a hearty side dish to complement a meal. Skip to Twice Baked Potatoes content. We have several varieties of ready-to-heat twice baked potatoes waiting to round out your next meal. After Having These Twice Baked Potatoes, You'll Never Want Regular Baked Potatoes Again! These Super Easy Potatoes Are Loaded With Sour Cream, Cheese, Bacon, And Seasonings!