Refried Beans - Quick Stovetop Recipe.
You can cook Refried Beans - Quick Stovetop Recipe using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Refried Beans - Quick Stovetop Recipe
- You need 2 tbsp. of butter, divided.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1 of jalapeno, seeds removed and diced (optional).
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It's 2 cans of (each 15 oz.) pinto beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted chicken or veggie broth.
- It's 1 tsp. of chipotle chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- It's of Juice from 1/2 lime.
- It's 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- It's 1/8 tsp. of pepper.
Refried Beans - Quick Stovetop Recipe step by step
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1 tbsp. of the butter over med-high heat. Once its melted, add the onion and jalapeno (if using). Cook, stirring often, until they're softened, about 5 minutes. Then stir in the garlic and cook until it's fragrant..
- Stir in the beans, broth, chili powder, cumin and oregano and let this mixture come up to a simmer. Once it begins to bubble, let it simmer for about 5 or so minutes, then remove the pan from the heat. Either use a masher to roughly mash the beans, or use a food processor for a smoother consistency..
- Once the beans are mashed, season with the lime juice, salt and pepper. Then stir in the additional tbsp. of butter until it's all melted and incorporated in. That's it! Serve it up with some yummy toppings..