Quick, Light & Refreshing Mushroom Stew (slow cooker Shashouka). NOW WITH BRAKE LIGHT FUNCTION AND TURN SIGNAL READY! Engine For Our Accent Lighting ONLY! Fiber Optic Sold Seperately We have.
Hands free, concealed, low profile, light weight and easy to use. Fancy, designer mac and cheese often costs forty or fifty dollars to prepare when you have so many exotic and expensive cheeses, but they aren't always the best tasting. This recipe is cheap and tasty. You can have Quick, Light & Refreshing Mushroom Stew (slow cooker Shashouka) using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick, Light & Refreshing Mushroom Stew (slow cooker Shashouka)
- You need 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It's 1 of diced onion.
- You need 1 bag of fresh mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 1 of bell pepper (whatever color you want, as far as I am concerned. I used green here).
- It's 1 of jalapeno pepper, sliced.
- It's 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It's 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It's 1 tsp of chicken/mushroom seasoning.
- You need to taste of salt and black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- It's 2 of medium sized tomatoes, quartered.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of crumbled feta cheese.
Looking for quick and easy dinner recipes? Quick and healthy recipes from Cooking Light. Some quick and easy dinner ideas require little chopping, or just a single pan, or even very little cooking. In this case, all the ingredients cook in the oven, which makes for very little prep—and very few dishes to wash.
Quick, Light & Refreshing Mushroom Stew (slow cooker Shashouka) instructions
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onion and mushrooms, until onion is a little translucent.
- Sprinkle salt until the mushrooms starts to water. Toss in jalapeno pepper and bell pepper to soften them up..
- SLOW COOKER : Add the cooked above ingredients at the bottom, topped with the rest of the ingredients with water. Set on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours. Stir once or twice after a while..
- We ate it for dinner with leftover roast chicken thighs..
- For those who wish to add eggs into the dish, when the vegetables have softened, make depression marks into the concoction in the slow cooker, gently crack an egg into the indentation, season with a little salt and pepper, close the lid and cook for another hour or so (check the eggs to see if it's to the consistency that you like).
- Happy cooking!.
Start with four pieces of skinless cod. Make a batch for easy quick bites to toss in your bag or child's backpack. For a sweet yet savory nosh, grab a small bag of grapes with a piece of low-fat string cheese. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock. Customers who viewed this item also viewed.