"Thai" Noodles with Shrimp. Thai Shrimp and Noodles Shrimp lovers will dive into this speedy skillet dish that gets its Asian flavor from ginger, peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. "My family loves it," writes Ramona Heflin of Farmersville, Ohio, who sent in the recipe. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well and return pasta to pot. Stir in soy sauce mixture, shrimp, carrots, peanuts, green onions and cilantro.
Place noodle mixture on serving platter. Serve with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges. Shrimp Thai Noodles Stir-Fry is a gluten-free dish made with store-bought stir-fry rice noodles, shrimp, fresh vegetables, lime, sugar, and teriyaki sauce. You can cook "Thai" Noodles with Shrimp using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of "Thai" Noodles with Shrimp
- It's 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- It's 1/4 tsp. of sesame oil.
- You need 1 tsp. of sriracha chili sauce (or more for more spice).
- You need 1 tbsp. of peanut butter (see note in step 1).
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of honey.
- It's 1/2 lb. of fettuccini or spaghetti noodles.
- It's 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 of zucchini, sliced into coins then in half.
- Prepare 8 oz. of mushrooms, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 lb. of shrimp, deveined and tails removed.
- It's 1 handful of cilantro, chopped.
- It's of green onions.
Directions Cook noodles according to package directions. In a large nonstick skilletor wok, stir-fry shrimp in oil until shrimp turn pink; remove and set aside. Add onion and garlic to the pan. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
"Thai" Noodles with Shrimp step by step
- In a measuring cup (or medium bowl) whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, sriracha, sesame oil, peanut butter** (if you'd prefer more texture, leave the peanut butter out of the sauce and top finished pasta with 1/4 cup chopped peanuts instead) and honey until well blended (of using the peanut butter, sauce will be slightly lumpy, but the peanut butter will fully melt and absorb when added to the hot ingredients). Set aside..
- Start a large pot of water on high heat. Start step 3 while water is heating..
- While waiting on the water to come to a boil, in a large skillet, add the olive oil and heat on medium heat. Once water reaches a boil, add the fettuccini noodles to the pot and cook according to package directions. Add to the skillet the mushrooms, zucchini and onions. Cook for about 5 minutes or so, while your pasta is cooking. After 5 or so minutes, add the garlic. Cook a minute or so more, until fragrant..
- Next add the shrimp to the skillet. Cook, stirring often, until shrimp is cooked through (3-4 more minutes)..
- Your pasta should be done cooking by now. Drain the pasta and return to the pot..
- Add the cooked shrimp and veggies to the pot with the cooked pasta. Pour the soy sauce mixture over the top and stir everything around with a wooden spoon until the sauce has coated everything. Stir in the cilantro and green onions. **(If using chopped peanuts instead of peanut butter in the sauce, then top individual portions with them)..
Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Remove Shrimp from pan and heat remaining olive oil. Stir the drained noodles into the shrimp and egg mixture. Garnish with the remaining peanuts, bean sprouts, lime wedges, green onions, and cilantro. Season the shrimp with the chile lime seasoning and some salt and pepper.