Breakfast Enchiladas. A hearty breakfast dish that includes hashbrowns, cheese, ham and diced green chilies rolled into flour tortillas. A new favorite for your next brunch or office get together that can be made in advance and reheated easily the next day. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Draped in gooey cheese and a savory sauce, these enchiladas are a popular option at any holiday brunch. Chorizo gives the hearty filling a Southwestern kick. —Tahnia Fox, Trenton, Michigan Breakfast Enchiladas Recipe photo by Taste of Home Breakfast enchiladas are a fully loaded make-ahead breakfast. They're perfect for lazy weekends, guests, holidays, or even for 'breakfast for dinner'! You can have Breakfast Enchiladas using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Breakfast Enchiladas
- Prepare 1 of ☆ENCHILADA FILLING☆.
- You need 2 lb of hot ground pork sausage (1 1/2 lbs. for filling, 1/2 lb. used as topping; set aside).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 6 of green onions, thinly sliced (4 chopped additionally for topping; put aside).
- It's 2 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro (1 tablespoon additionally for topping; put aside).
- You need 14 large of eggs, beaten.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 8 of (8-inch) flour tortillas.
- You need 1 of ☆CHEESE SAUCE☆.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of (4.5-oz.) can chopped green chiles, undrained.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of ☆TOPPINGS☆.
- Prepare 1 cup of pepper jack cheese.
- It's 1/2 of pd crumbled cooked sausage, 1 package halved grape tomatoes, 4 sliced green onions, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (top enchiladas after baked).
Ham (or sausage), veggies and cheese are wrapped in tortillas and topped with a seasoned egg mixture. After resting overnight, it all bakes together for the perfect meal. Enchiladas: Cook sausage in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Remove from pan; drain well, pressing between paper towels.
Breakfast Enchiladas step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles are cooked through. Remove from pan; drain well. Set aside..
- PREPARE☆CHEESE SAUCE☆.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, and whisk in remaining ingredients. Set aside..
- ☆ENCHILADA FILLING☆.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add green onions and cilantro, and saute 1 minute. Add eggs, salt, pepper, and cook, without stirring, until eggs begin to set on bottom. Draw a spatula across bottom of pan to form large curds. Continue to cook until eggs are thickened but still moist; do not stir constantly. Remove from heat, and gently fold in 1 1/2 cups Cheese Sauce and sausage..
- Spoon about 1/2 cup egg mixture along the bottom of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place, seam side down, in a lightly greased 13-× 9-inch baking dish. Pour remaining Cheese Sauce evenly over tortillas; sprinkle evenly with pepper Jack cheese..
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. When enchiladas are done; sprinkle down the center in this order; 1/2 pd crumbled sausage, halved grape tomatoes, green onions and fresh cilantro..
Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add green onions and cilantro, and saute one minute. Breakfast enchiladas are always a good call, and these cheesy verde enchiladas are here to prove that. It's all in the details: breakfast sausage, hash browns, folded eggs, and cheddar cheese are wrapped up in tortillas, bathed in green enchilada sauce, and baked to bubbly perfection for morning meal that's packed with flavor. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.