Roasted bell pepper sauce for pasta. Light, healthy, and simple, yet incredibly satisfying. Vibrant red bell pepper pasta sauce, made with roasted red bell peppers, garlic, onion, sage, anchovies, tomato paste, red wine, paprika, Parmesan. This is a pasta sauce I came up with when I recently spent a night working the pasta station at Grange restaurant in Sacramento for Chef Michael.
This roasted bell pepper sauce is one of the simplest, most delicious pasta sauces I've ever eaten. It also happens to be full of protein and vegetables. It's a little on the spicy side, so start small with the chili flakes you add. You can cook Roasted bell pepper sauce for pasta using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted bell pepper sauce for pasta
- It's 3-4 of bell peppers, red and yellow.
- Prepare 6-8 of roma tomatoes.
- You need 1 head of or bulb of roasted garlic.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion.
- You need 1 cup of whipping cream(heavy cream).
- It's of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It's of Basil, fresh or dry.
- You need of pasta, fresh or dry.
Make this sauce and serve it with pasta and zucchini noodles, as they do in the. A superhealthy roasted pepper pasta sauce recipe that's versatile and tasty. Cut the peppers and the onions into chunks. Roast red peppers, and then place in a Ziploc bag to allow to sweat.
Roasted bell pepper sauce for pasta instructions
- Cut the roma tomatoes into quarters, cut the onion into large pieces and place them into a baking dish, drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, and basil..
- Bake in a 400F oven for about 35 minutes. Take out and let cool..
- Blacken the bell peppers under the broiler then place in an air tight container for 5-10 minutes to make it easy to peel them..
- Peel and seed the peppers and cut them into 1 inch pieces..
- Place the bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, and garlic into a food processor or blender and pulse until not quite smooth (small rustic chunks are what you are looking for)..
- Pour into a sauce pan over medium-low heat and let simmer 10-15 minutes..
- Add the cream and adjust the salt and pepper to taste..
- Let the sauce simmer, stirring frequently while you boil your pasta..
- Once the pasta is done, drain it and fold it into the sauce..
- Serve as a side or as a main with salad and garlic bread.
- Optional- add some tail on shrimp to the sauce while its simmering to make a tasty main dish..
Peel the charred skins from the peppers, then removed seeds. And I prefer pasta sauce without meat—a throwback to my vegetarian days in sunny Los Angeles. The way I see it, there are just too many. Roasted Bell Pepper Pasta is a very simple and delicious dish. Once it is ready, just toss your favorite pasta with the sauce and enjoy.