Quick No Garlic Fried Rice. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the sausage and scrambled egg. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
To Make Grilled Shrimp Skewer (Optional) If you like to serve the garlic fried rice with grilled shrimp skewers, shell, and devein the shrimp. A by-product of making this garlic oil is a nice set of fried garlic, which acts a a wonderful garnish for the rice (and any leftovers are great on salads, potatoes, or anything really). In a wok or skillet, you heat your oil and add the minced garlic. You can have Quick No Garlic Fried Rice using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quick No Garlic Fried Rice
- It's 1 cup of cold steamed rice from the fridge.
- Prepare of (It's better to use leftover rice from last night).
- You need 1 tsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 of egg, make into scrambled egg.
- Prepare 1 of sausage, sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped scallions or celery.
- It's 1/4-1/2 tsp of chicken or mushroom powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
- It's of Sugar, salt and pepper (to taste).
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of sweet soy sauce.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1 tsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fish sauce or light soy sauce.
Refer to this post for step by step instructions on how to cook parboiled rice for fried rice. Heat up butter, oil and chopped garlic in a large wok / pan with high sides n medium heat. Let the garlic infuse into the oil. Using the same wok from the egg (no need to wash it) on medium heat, add the rice/ Using your spatula, break up the rice and spread it in the wok.
Quick No Garlic Fried Rice step by step
- Mix the sauce in a cup, set aside. The sauce can also be made ahead and stored in the fridge..
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the sausage and scrambled egg. Stir for a while..
- Pour the sauce mix. Add the rice. Stir on high heat for about a minute or two. Add sesame oil..
- Turn the heat off. Add chopped scallions or celery, chicken or mushroom seasoning, sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Stir and serve hot..
Then add the garlic and peas. Mix everything very well until hot. Add any other ingredients you have chosen, such as ham, bacon, chopped chicken, corn etc. Combine the rice and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until rice is tender and water is absorbed.