zucchini fries. Working in batches, dip zucchini strips into egg mixture, shake to remove any excess, and roll strips in bread crumb mixture to coat. Transfer coated zucchini strips to the prepared baking sheet. Cut zucchini into fries and set aside.
Dip zucchini in eggs, coating evenly, and then toss in bread crumb mixture. Allrecipes Pieces of zucchini are dipped in butter and coated in seasoned breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese then baked until golden brown and crunchy. Pieces of zucchini are dipped in butter and coated in seasoned breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese then baked until golden brown and crunchy. You can cook zucchini fries using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of zucchini fries
- You need 4 of zucchini.
- You need 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of basil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
Dredge a zucchini fry in flour mixture and then dip into egg whites; dredge in bread crumbs. Place coated zucchini on prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining ingredients; liberally coat with cooking spray. Oven baked zucchini fries are sticks of zucchini that are breaded and baked (or fried!). I used Parmesan cheese for the breading to avoid carbs, gluten, and the need for any specialty flours.
zucchini fries instructions
- preheat over to 350°.
- mix all ingredients except olive oil.
- cut zucchini into quarters and place on a baking sheet.
- drizzle zucchini in olive oil.
- sprinkle mixture over zucchini.
- bake for 25mins or until tender.
I'll be the first to admit, when I'm craving junk food but want to stay healthy, these baked Parmesan zucchini fries are a lifesaver! In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese and seasonings. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip zucchini slices in flour, then in egg and then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Place on a greased rack in a foil-lined rimmed baking pan.