"Hawaiian" pulled pork street tacos. Not BBQ tacos, but sweet and smoky pork tacos with a tangy pineapple slaw. Combining my love for tacos and pork with the freshest fruity slaw is a huge flavor explosion and I'm so glad I made a huge batch of this because I was enjoying it allllll week. You can certainly make this in the slow cooker with.
Let's cover this sweet and spicy carnitas taco—there's crushed pineapples, brown sugar. Hawaiian Pulled Pork Tacos have homemade crunchy corn taco shells full of tangy pulled pork that is made with a hint of whiskey then fried to caramelized perfection. Add Hawaiian Pulled Pork and fry until slightly crispy. You can cook "Hawaiian" pulled pork street tacos using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of "Hawaiian" pulled pork street tacos
- Prepare 1 lb of cooked pulled pork.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped pineapple.
- You need of (16) 4"to 5" corn tortillas.
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- You need 1/4 cup of peach preserves.
- It's 1 tbsp of habanero hot sauce.
- Prepare of Slaw.
- You need 1/2 of Green cabbage, finely shredded.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of carrot tops (or cilantro), chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small purple onion, finely sliced.
- Prepare 3 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 3 tsp of sherry or dry white wine.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of honey.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher or sea salt.
- You need of Optional Garnish.
- It's of Avocado.
- Prepare of Carrot tops (or cilantro), chopped.
- It's of Tajin fruit seasoning (in the Mexican isle at most grocers).
Top with desired amount of Pineapple Salsa. This Hawaiian BBQ pork is made easy by using a slow cooker, then wrapped up in crispy wonton taco shells and drizzled with a heavenly BBQ sauce! These Hawaiian BBQ pork tacos are sweet and saucy with an attitude… absolutely delicious! Let the slow cooker do most of the work for you and try. #PeopleWannaEat Thursdays return with Hawaiian Pulled Pork Tacos.
"Hawaiian" pulled pork street tacos step by step
- Start by assembling the slaw in a mixing bowl, and set aside to marinate..
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl..
- Combine the cooked pork with the pineapple..
- Lightly oil a comal or a skillet and preheat on medium. Warm the tortillas for 10 to 20 seconds each side and transfer to a warmer. Add oil to the pan as needed..
- Assemble the tacos, starting with the pineapple pork mixture, then the slaw, then top with sauce and garnish..
A little Sweet,a little Spicy, a little Salty. Our new Sweet Hawaiian Street Tacos pack big island flavor in a small street taco size. These tasty flour tortillas are perfectly sweet and super soft. Try with some pulled pork and pineapple for a tropical-twist on taco night. Bring a little aloha to your table tonight.