Mediterranean Pasta w/ Cajun Sacallops. Mediterranean Pasta w/ Cajun Sacallops step by step. Cook the pasta until al dente. Pat scallops dry with paper towel on both sides, and season with salt pepper, cajun seasoning.
This pasta is my absolute FAVORITE pasta and I hope you guys love it as much as I do! The Best Mediterranean Scallops Recipes on Yummly If you like spicy foods, then this Cajun scallop dish is for you. You can have Mediterranean Pasta w/ Cajun Sacallops using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Pasta w/ Cajun Sacallops
- You need of Pasta.
- You need 1 tbsp of kosher salt - plus 1 tsp, divided.
- Prepare 6 of oz-8oz whole wheat pasta of your choice.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 c of grape tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of quartered artichoke hearts - (14oz).
- Prepare 1 can of whole pitted black olives - (6oz).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 c of freshly squeezed lemon juice - about 1 lemon.
- It's 1/4 c of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 c of fresh Italian parsley - chopped.
- You need of Scallops.
- You need 12 of Bay Scallops.
- You need of Salt & Pepper, to season.
- It's of Cajun Seasoning, to season.
- It's 1 tbsp of butter, unsalted.
Cajun seasoning and hot sauce give the dish its heat, while sautéed red onion adds bite. Make the pasta: Cook the pasta in the boiling water according to the package instructions until al dente. This Mediterranean pasta salad recipe is made with cucumbers, tomatoes, kalamata olives, red onions and feta cheese. It's the easy pasta salad is always the hit of the party!
Mediterranean Pasta w/ Cajun Sacallops instructions
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon salt. Cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water, then drain..
- While the water boils and pasta cooks, prep your vegetables and remaining ingredients: mince the garlic; halve the cherry tomatoes; drain and roughly chop the artichokes; drain and slice the olives in half..
- Pat scallops dry with paper towel on both sides, and season with salt pepper, cajun seasoning. Once the vegetables start cooking, the recipe goes quickly, so you want to be ready..
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the tomatoes, garlic, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is fragrant and the tomatoes begin to break down and release some juices into the oil, 1 to 2 minutes..
- In another skillet, melt butter under medium high heat. Add the scallops. Let sit for approximately 2-3min and flip when nice and golden brown. Repeat and remove from skillet..
- Add the pasta to the skillet and toss to coat. Add the artichokes and olives. Drizzle the lemon juice over the pasta. Continue tossing and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until warmed through. If the pasta seems too dry, add a splash of the reserved pasta water to loosen it. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper as desired. Remove from heat..
- Toss once more, plate with pasta, and grated parmesan, add scallops, and top again with parsley..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Bay scallops are preferred, but the larger sea scallops can be used if they are cut in half. This dish can also be placed in a casserole dish and placed under the broiler until top turns golden brown! Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired. The best Mediterranean flavors come together in this pasta and sea scallops dish. Start with a jammy tomato saute, add flavor boosting olives, capers, and Greek seasonings, and you have a scrumptious meal.