Pasta e Fagioli (Amy style). Then my friend Amy added her special touches to the recipe and I believe by increasing, changing, and adding a few things, she perfected it! Cook the celery, carrots, onion and garlic until they're tender. Heat a deep pot over medium high heat and add oil and pancetta.
This Olive Garden soup recipe is even better than the original, so if you like Pasta E Fagioli from Olive Garden, you'll love ours. Pasta e fagioli, is an Italian bean soup that was traditionally considered a peasant dish due to its humble list of ingredients—cannelloni beans, Italian soffritto, stewed tomatoes, short pasta, olive oil, and garlic. Pasta e fagioli is a traditional Italian dish - but in the Naples dialect, it becomes the minuzzaglia ammescata cu' 'e fasule. You can cook Pasta e Fagioli (Amy style) using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta e Fagioli (Amy style)
- Prepare 1 Cup of ditalini pasta.
- Prepare 1 lb. of Mild Italian Sausage.
- You need 1 of medium onion diced.
- Prepare 9 cloves of garlic minced.
- It's 3 of celery stalks sliced and diced.
- It's 4 of Carrots peeled and sliced very thin.
- Prepare 1-15 oz of can red kidney beans, drained.
- Prepare 1-15 oz of can white kidney beans,drained.
- You need 1-6 oz of can tomato paste.
- It's 1-28 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- You need 4 Cups of chicken broth.
- It's 1 Cup of water.
- You need 1 1/2 Cups of Merlot.
- It's 1/2 Cup of Olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp. of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It's 1 tsp of dried thyme.
Usually, many different kinds of pasta are cooked with beans so that no pasta is wasted as we used to do in the peasant world. This traditional Italian pasta e fagioli recipe is not tomato based, nor does it contain carrots, celery or ground beef. This pasta e fagioli has a combination of small pasta shells, cannellini beans, pancetta and rosemary, which gives it an earthy, smoky flavor that's to die for. Pasta e Fagioli A traditional Italian peasant dish, Pasta e Fagioli is a thick hearty bean and pasta soup.
Pasta e Fagioli (Amy style) instructions
- In a pot of boiling water, cook pasta per directions on its package. Do not rinse. Lightly oil pasta and set aside..
- Fry Italian sausage in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until browned. Then transfer to soup pot. Do not drain off grease. Abt. 3-5 min..
- Saute celery, carrots, garlic and onions in 1 Tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 Cup of merlot until vegetables are tender. Abt. 5 min. Transfer to soup pot..
- Whisk in chicken broth, tomato paste, tomatoes, Basil, Oregano, Thyme, and 1 Cup water. Season with Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste..
- Bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat. Add 1/4 Cup Olive Oil and 1 Cup Merlot to the pot. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender..
- Add pasta and beans just prior to serving and heat thoroughly..
This version is full of vegetables enhanced with pieces of shredded ham. What Does Pasta e Fagioli Mean? The Italian term "pasta e fagoili" translates in English to pasta and beans. It's a hearty soup consisting of plenty of the two. Pasta e Fagioli Video Tutorial: Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.