Jackfruit Burgers with Zucchini-Carrot Slaw. Jackfruit Burgers With Zucchini-Carrot Slaw: Jackfruit Burgers with Zucchini-Carrot Coleslaw; a super delicious vegetarian meatless burger with Indian spiced raw jackfruit filling and crunchy, cool coleslaw with juliennes of zucchini and carrot. Jackfruit Burgers with Zucchini-Carrot Coleslaw; a super delicious vegetarian burger with Indian spiced jackfruit filling and crunchy, cool coleslaw with juliennes of zucchini and carrot. Coming from a tropical country like India, especially from the south, we have always grown up on a continuous diet of jackfruit; in the raw form or as a juicy fruit!
When cool, shred the jackfruit using a fork or hands into bite-sized. You can also cook on a non-stick skillet. The Jackfruit is ready when it's hot throughout. You can have Jackfruit Burgers with Zucchini-Carrot Slaw using 29 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jackfruit Burgers with Zucchini-Carrot Slaw
- It's FOR of JACKFRUIT FILLING:.
- You need 1 tin of (1 lb/525 gm) raw jackfruit in brine or 1 cup cooked raw jackfruit.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, sliced.
- You need 2 of large cloves garlic, grated.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of finely chopped green chillies/jalapenos.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- It's 2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It's 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sriracha sauce/hot chilli sauce.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need FOR of ZUCCHINI-CARROT SLAW:.
- It's 1 of large zucchini, grated.
- It's 1 of large carrot, grated.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely chopped red onions.
- It's 2 of large dill pickles, finely chopped.
- It's 1/4 cup of finely chopped capsicum/green bell pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise (eggless or with egg).
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of honey.
- It's as per taste of Salt (optional).
- Prepare OTHER of FIXINGS:.
- You need as required of Butter.
- Prepare 4 of large burger buns.
- You need some of Lettuce leaves.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes, sliced.
- You need Few of Avocado, sliced (optional).
To assemble your burger, add mayo to both sides of your toasted bun, then place your desired amount of Jackfruit, cucumber, slaw (make sure to avoid adding any liquid) and some of your BBQ sauce you made. The only ingredient this recipe requires that's likely not lying around your pantry is green jackfruit, which can be found at practically any Asian market and on Amazon. NOTE: Just be sure it's young green jackfruit in water, not brine or syrup and most certainly not ripe jackfruit. Meanwhile, put the onion, cabbage and.
Jackfruit Burgers with Zucchini-Carrot Slaw step by step
- To make the jackfruit filling: Drain jackfruit from the brine, wash well and cook (either on stovetop or pressure cooker) until soft and tender. Drain again. If using fresh, cook until tender in a pressure cooker..
- When cool, shred the jackfruit using a fork or hands into bite-sized shreds..
- Heat a large skillet or saucepan on medium heat. Once hot, add 2 tbsp oil and stir in the sliced onions Saute until slightly soft and brown then tip in grated or finely chopped garlic and green chilies..
- Fry again on medium heat for a few seconds. Add more oil if needed. Add the spices; turmeric, coriander, cumin and chilli powder and stir to combine. Sauté until the spices are roasted; about a minute..
- Mix in the shredded jackfruit. Add the required amount of ketchup and hot sauce or Sriracha sauce along with salt to taste and mix well..
- Adjust the amount of sweetness and salt according to personal taste. Cook on medium heat, covered for about 10 minutes until the jackfruit is well cooked and has absorbed all the lovely flavors! Keep stirring in between. Once the jackfruit has cooked and is almost dry, remove and let cool..
- In the meantime, make the zucchini-carrot slaw. In a small bowl, stir mayonnaise with honey, salt to taste and black pepper powder. Taste and adjust seasonings to your taste..
- Mix all the coleslaw ingredients along with mayonnaise..
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve..
- To assemble burgers: Toast the sliced burger buns with a little butter on a skillet (optional). Place a large lettuce leaf on the bottom bun. Place generous portions of the jackfruit filling on top..
- Either layer the coleslaw on top of the jackfruit or serve on the side. Optional toppings are avocado slices, tomatoes, lettuce leaves, sliced onions, etc. Serve with extra hot sauce, ketchup, mayonnaise or any dressing on the side!.
- Enjoy fresh, homemade spicy jackfruit burgers with a side of potato chips/fries and a glass of freshly squeezed fruit juice!.
Finely chop the onion (you need half of it for the pulled jackfruit and the other half for the cole slaw). Whisk together sugar, salt, pepper, mayonnaise, soya yogurt, soya milk and lemon juice in a large bowl. Drain the jackfruit and mix in a ceramic dish with cornflour, paprika and cinnamon. Once finished, pull with two forks and shape like a burger with your hands. Combine the slaw ingredients and leave to sit.