Simple Shortcake Made With Chiffon Cake. Could angel food cake be made in anything other than a tube pan? What does dacquoise even taste like? I still don't know if I made the "perfect" choice-a Strawberry Chiffon Shortcake Adapted from The Joy of Cooking.
Baking a chiffon cake may seem daunting to some, but it's totally worth it once you master the Made with simple ingredients such as oil, eggs, sugar, flour, and flavorings, a chiffon cake is a light cake with a spongy texture. · Our Lemon Chiffon Cake is the perfect summertime dessert. Chiffon cakes are always made with oil, not butter, and will not get hard when refrigerated. Chiffon cake contains oil or other liquid fats. You can cook Simple Shortcake Made With Chiffon Cake using 14 ingredients and 29 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Shortcake Made With Chiffon Cake
- You need of Cream:.
- You need 300 ml of Heavy cream.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare of Decorations:.
- It's 1 of as much as you want Whatever fruits you prefer.
- It's 1 of ■Chiffon cake (https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/144549-fluffy-plain-chiffon-cake).
- Prepare 4 of ○Egg whites (large).
- It's 50 grams of ○Sugar.
- It's 4 of △Egg yolk (large).
- Prepare 20 grams of △Sugar.
- It's 40 ml of ●Vegetable oil or olive oil.
- It's 70 ml of ●Milk or water.
- It's 2 of or 3 drops ●Vanilla extract (optional).
- Prepare 75 grams of White flour.
Because oil does not solidify at room temperature it creates a cake that remains very moist, even when cold. A simple meringue made of egg whites and sugar, also known as French meringue, is made to be folded into the batter. This modern cake is similar to a sponge cake, but it's made with oil instead of butter and includes baking powder. While the cakes are baking, make the buttercream frosting: combine the butter and about half of the sugar in a large bowl and cream with a hand mixer until combined.
Simple Shortcake Made With Chiffon Cake step by step
- Please refer to this recipe here (https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/144549-fluffy-plain-chiffon-cake) for detailed instructions for Steps 4 through 7..
- Spread out patterned paper in a baking tray..
- Preheat the oven to 180°C for 14 minutes..
- Add the ○ sugar in 3 or 4 batches to the egg whites. Beat until stiff peaks form. Tip: Use low speed for the last 1 minute to for the texture..
- Add the △ sugar all together to the egg yolk and beat until it becomes whitish. Then add the ● ingredients and beat together..
- Add the sifted flour little by little to the egg yolk bowl and mix with a whisk or spatula..
- Add the mixture from Step 6 to the meringue in 2 or 3 batches and mix, being sure not to break the meringue texture..
- Pour the batter into the baking tray and make smooth with a scraper or spatula..
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven..
- When it has completed baking, leave it on the pattern paper and wrap tightly with a large piece of saran wrap..
- Put Step 10 into a large plastic bag and cool completely..
- While the cake is cooling, cut and prepare the fruit..
- Cut the cooled cake in half..
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sugar into the heavy cream until the fluffy peaks flatten..
- If the fruits that you are adding to the center are large, use 300 ml of cream; if the thickness is thin, use 200 ml. I cut the strawberries in half vertically, so I used 300 ml..
- Set aside some of the cream for decorating. Whip this cream until stiff peaks form and chill in the refrigerator..
- Cut a clear folder in half and match and adjust the lengths to use for transferring the cake. It makes the transfer easy and is useful! You can do this if you want..
- Thinly spread cream onto the cut-in-half sponge cake..
- Place the fruit and spread on more cream..
- Cover with the other half of the cake and spread the whole thing with the remaining cream. Use a knife for the top. Work quickly so as not to let it dry out!.
- How to wrap: The ends break easily, so poke toothpicks into the top and wrap loosely so that it doesn't touch the cake..
- Wrap and chill in the refrigerator for about 4 hours to a full day. If you cut it too soon, the cream won't settle onto the cake and when you cut, it will slide off..
- Once it settles, take off the wrap and cut off the 4 edges..
- Cut into any shape of your choice and decorate. It's finished. The decoration in the picture is basically the same, but I made it separately..
- This cake was given to me in the comments by MiyaKitchen. It was very delicious!.
- There's also a chocolate version! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/171372-a-simple-chocolate-cake-made-using-chiffon-batter.
- Summery yellow peach!.
- Of course, I made Mont Blanc for the Fall! I used "ShiawaseMachiko's" Chestnut Cream recipe...
- I also tried doubling the recipe and slicing the halves thinly to make a big shortcake..
Chiffon cake is a type of foam cake, which has a high ratio of eggs to flour and is leavened mainly from the air beaten into the egg whites. This makes the texture of a chiffon cake more moist and silky which is why it's my favorite type of cake out of the three. It's a very light and simple, yet delicious. Here are some ways on how to make this cake. My husband will not eat a bought Angel Food Cake so a few weeks ago I made one from scratch which he enjoyed.he said he would still like to have a Chiffon Cake.