Spicy baked courgette. Peking Spicy Courgette Recipe (Asian Quick & Easy Vegetarian Stir Fry)Welcome to my Asian kitchen. My name is Xiao Wei and my goal is to make your cooking. Celebrate courgettes in our delicious veggie traybakes, ratatouille and pasta dishes.
Roasted courgette is basically a blank canvas for your favourite savoury flavours, so don't shy away. Learn how to cook courgettes in three delicious ways - fried, baked and spiralised. For the sprialised courgette, you will need a spiraliser or large noodle attachment of a free-standing mixer or food. You can have Spicy baked courgette using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy baked courgette
- You need 3-4 of big courgettes (fresh and in season).
- You need 1 spoonful of salt.
- Prepare of Flour for coating.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- It's 3-4 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 spoonful of sweet paprika.
- It's 1 spoonful of hot paprika.
A super Spicy Cod Bake with courgettes recipe that's an all in one super dish! So easy peasy to prepare ahead and then simply bang in the oven, go away and. As soon as there are courgettes in the market or in the garden, you cannot wait to cook them quickly: the first thing you want is to fry rings in a frying pan. Spicy Courgette Chutney is delicious with cheese, cold meats & perfect for a cheese & pickle sandwich.
Spicy baked courgette instructions
- Cut the courgettes lengthways, remove the flesh and slice the skin (about 5mm thick). In a bowl, mix the sliced courgettes with a spoonful of salt, combine well and leave it to rest for at least 1 hour, but the longer the better as the salt will marinade the courgettes..
- Once ready, squeeze the courgettes - bit by bit - with your own hands in order to eliminate any excess water and transfer them into a dish with flour to coat them. Meanwhile, heat the oven at 180°C and grease a baking tray with olive oil..
- Transfer the flour-coated courgettes into the tray, add the garlic cloves (whole or crushed), bay leaves, season with paprika (lots of paprika!) and sprinkle with some more olive oil. Bake for about 20 minutes and voilà, dinner is served! *TCF TOP TIP: don’t throw away the courgettes flesh, use it for another prep 😉.
Spiced with coriander, ginger & a touch of chilli. Courgettes come into their own at this time of year, and especially sing in this crisp, parmigiana-style bake and Middle-Eastern spicy dip. How do you serve Spicy Courgette & Apple Chutney? You can enjoy this tasty chutney with cheese and crackers. Chutney also makes a great accompaniment to pies, pastries, and roasts.