Mexican Casserole. Mexican-Inspired Breakfast Casserole A fun breakfast casserole with a Mexican flair--includes fresh cilantro, eggs, cheese, and veggies. Garnish with avocado slices and sour cream. These cheesy, family-pleasing Mexican-inspired casseroles are hearty comfort food at its best, featuring burrito pie, nacho casserole, taco lasagna, chicken fajita casserole, beefy rellenos casserole, and much more.
This Mexican casserole recipe made with layers of tortilla chips, beef, and salsa makes a quick and easy dish that will please the whole family. Mexican cuisine gets the casserole treatment in these hearty weeknight dinner recipes that will be regulars in your dinner rotation. Chicken breast simmered with a spicy black bean and corn mixture, then topped with cheese and tortilla chip crumbs and baked. You can have Mexican Casserole using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Casserole
- You need 12 of corn tortillas.
- It's 1/2 C of green chile enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1 C of black beans.
- You need 1 C of Rotel mild diced tomatoes with green chillies.
- It's 1 C of Mexican blend shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 lb. of ground turkey.
- It's 1 of small green bell pepper (diced).
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic chopped.
- Prepare of Green onion to top.
- You need 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp. of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of onion powder.
- You need 1 tbsp. of oregano.
- It's of Olive oil.
A simple, kid friendly weekday casserole with a Mexican flair. This Mexican tortilla casserole recipe has everything we love about enchiladas layered together like lasagna instead of rolled into individual enchiladas. You'll be amazed how much filling this dish packs in— shredded turkey , corn tortillas, black beans, corn, and green enchilada sauce all play a role. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
Mexican Casserole instructions
- Sauté garlic and bell pepper for a few minutes then add ground turkey and all seasonings. Brown meat..
- Add black beans and diced tomatoes (drain some of the liquid from cans first). Simmer about 10 minutes to let flavors mix and thicken a bit..
- Coat a baking dish with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Poor a little bit of green chile enchilada sauce in the bottom of dish to cover. Lay tortillas evenly (I used 6)..
- Spoon some of the meat and bean mixture on top of the tortillas to cover one layer. Lay 6 more tortillas on top and poor a little green sauce on top of tortillas. Layer again with meat mixture..
- Add cheese and green onions. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes..
Stir in taco seasoning and water. We love the warm comforting flavors of these Tex-Mex favorites. From cheesy enchiladas to classic King Ranch Chicken Casserole, our collection of Mexican Casseroles will have your family waiting at the dinner table with tongues wagging. Our Mexican Casserole recipes are perfect for Cinco de Mayo or just a casual weeknight dinner. Mexican Beef Casserole Recipes Rich and satisfying beef is even better on Mexican night!