Japanese Curry Pumpkin Soup #mommasrecipes.
You can cook Japanese Curry Pumpkin Soup #mommasrecipes using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Japanese Curry Pumpkin Soup #mommasrecipes
- It's 3 cups of diced Kabocha squash.
- It's 1 of carrot, diced.
- It's 1 cup of cut cauliflower or potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 cup of leek, sliced.
- You need 4 oz of firm tofu, cubed.
- It's 1 cup of cooked beans, optional.
- You need 16 oz of homemade stock.
- You need 3 Tsp of olive oil.
- It's 2 Tsp of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of each toasted cumin, coriander, fennel seeds, powered.
- It's 2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each chili, cinnamon and ginger powder.
- It's 2 Tsp of concentrated tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 cup of apple puree or 1 Tsp honey.
Japanese Curry Pumpkin Soup #mommasrecipes step by step
- Make curry paste ahead of the time. Heat up butter and stir in flour on low heat. Once incorporated, add all spices and apple puree. Mix and cook until a thick paste form. Divide the paste into 2 blocks and refrigerate them. Next morning, saute carrot, cauliflower, onion in olive oil until aromatic, about 1 minute..
- Add Kabocha squash, tofu, cooked beans. Stir in one half of curry paste made yesterday. Pour in homemade stock and 32 oz of water. Cook on high heat for about 10 minutes. Check the doneness of the squash and add more paste if needed. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes..
- Serve with multigrain rice and another entree, such as chicken vegetable patty in one of my other recipe. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/6681848-chicken-vegetable-patties-%E9%B8%A1%E8%82%89%E9%A5%BC?via=profile.