Mike's Green Chile Chicken Chimmies. Mike's Green Chile Chicken Chimmies Hey everyone, hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, mike's green chile chicken chimmies. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Best Chile Verde Recipe (Green Chili). One Of Our Favorite Mexican Dishes - Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas Recipe!! Corn Tortillas Stuffed With Chicken, Cheese, Green Chile Enchilada Sauce, Sour Cream, And Green Chiles, Topped With More Sauce And Cheese! You can cook Mike's Green Chile Chicken Chimmies using 25 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Green Chile Chicken Chimmies
- It's of ● For The Bean Mixture.
- It's 2 can (8 oz) of Roserita Refried Beans.
- It's 3 of large Chicken Breasts [chopped or shredded].
- Prepare 2 can (4 oz) of Mild Chopped Green Chiles.
- It's 1 of large Fresh Jalapeño [fine chop - seeds removed].
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Mexican 3 Cheese.
- It's 1/2 of large Tomato [chopped].
- Prepare 1/2 of White Onion [fine chop].
- You need 1/3 cup of Fresh Cilantro [chopped].
- It's 1 tbsp of Fresh Garlic [fine chop] Or 1 tsp Granulated Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cayenne Pepper [optional].
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Mexican Oregano [crushed].
- You need 1 packages of McCormick Burrito Seasoning [or add 1 tsp each: onion powder - chile powder - black pepper & include optional cayenne].
- It's of ● For The Tortillas.
- It's 6 of large Flour Tortillas [slightly warmed in microwave].
- It's 1 box of Wooden Toothpicks.
- Prepare 1 Bottle of High Heat Cooking Oil.
- You need of Garnishments.
- You need 6 cup of Shredded Lettuce.
- You need 2 cup of Each: Chopped Cilantro - Tomatoes - White Onions.
- You need 3 of large Chopped Jalapeños [de-seeded].
- It's 1 cup of Tub Each: Guacamole & Sour Cream.
- Prepare 1 bag of Mexican 3 Cheese Or Queso Fresco.
- You need 2 of large Jars Red & Green Salsa.
Homemade Hatch green chile chicken enchiladas with healthy homemade green enchilada sauce are the cheesy, spicy, authentic Tex-Mex dinner of your dreams! They're perfect for using leftover chicken and roasted green chiles. (#glutenfree) #homemadeenchiladas #greenchile #hatchchile. I sort of got a foul outlook on this episode today, but its in a good way. So lets talk about this chicken, two big ol breast, two big ol bone in thighs.
Mike's Green Chile Chicken Chimmies instructions
- Lightly sprinkle de-thawed and fat trimmed chicken breasts with ground cumin, garlic powder and black pepper. Slit open the thicker areas of your breasts with a knife for even baking..
- On no stick tinfoil, bake chicken breasts at 350° for 40 minutes. Slightly cool and chop [or shread] chicken into bite sized pieces. Note: If your chicken is still pink in color or its juices don't run clear, bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes until fully cooked..
- Make sure your veggies in the, "Bean Mixture," category are chopped finely since they will need to soften [cook] in the microwave..
- Mix everything in the, "Bean Mixture," category together well and microwave for 3 minutes. Stir well and microwave 3 additional minutes. Place back in microwave and heat for 4 more minutes and let it sit until you're ready to construct your chimichangas..
- Chop all garnishments and place back in fridge..
- Re-heat your bean mixture until hot if it has cooled down before the next step..
- Slightly warm flour tortillas and place hot beans in the center. Do not over fill tortillas. Place cheese on top of beans..
- For even distribution of bean mixture, lay out all of your warmed tortillas on the counter and place beans on top..
- Fold down top and bottom of tortilla over beans and then fold in the sides. Secure the middle and edges with toothpicks. Make sure there are no openings for beans or cheeses to escape. Repeat process for all 6 chimichangas..
- Heat 2" deep oil on high and place 2 chimichangas in your pan toothpick sides down. Do not overload your pan as it will cool off your oil and saturate your burritos. Your bean mixture is fully cooked so you're only browning and crisping your tortillas. Fry chimichangas about 1 minute on each side. Be careful not to burn..
- Drain chimichangas on paper towels and serve on a bed of lettuce, [or fresh cabbage if you desire] and top with additional garnishments. These vegetables can also act as a taco salad side dish. REMEMBER TO REMOVE ALL TOOTHPICKS! :0).
- If you choose to oven bake these, follow the same instructions but bake at 350° for 30 minutes [or until browned] turning once..
- Why not make my, "Mike's Easy Chile Verde Sauce," and serve an unforgettable, "Smothered Green Chile Chicken Chimichanga." https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/367872-mikes-easy-chile-verde-sauce.
- Add Chile Verde sauce just before serving. Serve dish immediately. Enjoy!.
I like to leave the skin on the thighs its going to save me some flavor and the juices. New Mexican style green chile chicken enchiladas made with a homemade green chile sauce, corn tortillas, tender seasoned chicken, and lots of cheese! There are tons of recipes on how to make green chile chicken enchiladas on the internet. I have tried dozens of them, but find that I really. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag with the chicken breasts.