Native palm oil stew. In today's video, I shared with you how to make a delicious pot of local stew with palm oil and peppers#Palmoilstew #NigerianAfricanfood. #palmoilstew #nativestewrecipe #palmoilstewrecipe Palm Oil Stew The Binis Native Stew Recipe This is my stylish way of preparing the Binis native stew. Palm oil is an edible vegetable oil derived from the mesocarp (reddish pulp) of the fruit of the oil palms, primarily the African oil palm Elaeis guineensis.
It is quite different from the popular Nigerian Jollof Rice because this recipe uses Palm Oil and other indigenous Nigerian spices. Palm oil stew is a traditional stew which is quite popular in the villages and road side food hawkers. As a classic Nigerian dish, it is referred to as "Alapa" and it is highly nutritious due to the nutrients in the tomato puree and the high level of Beta carotene contained in palmoil. You can have Native palm oil stew using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Native palm oil stew
- You need of Ripe fresh pepper, this us the major ingredient in the stew.
- Prepare of Onions.
- It's of Iru.
- You need of Fresh tomatoes, very little.
- Prepare of Blended crayfish.
- You need of Palmoil.
- It's of Dry fish.
- Prepare of Fresh mackerel fish.
- Prepare cubes of Knor.
- It's of Benny stock powder.
- It's to taste of Salt.
Alapa can be enjoyed with rice. Palm oil stew is a special West Africa food best served with boil rice or yam and prepare with simple ingredients that can be found all around the globe inc. Palm oil stew is one of the local delicacies in West Africa made out of typical grandma's recipe. The taste might be different according to each.
Native palm oil stew step by step
- Roughly blend your fresh pepper, fresh tomatoes and onions then boil till dry.
- Season your dryfish with Benny and knor cubes and boil with little water to release its flavour.
- Heat your palm oil for few minutes, not completely bleached so as not to loose the fresh taste of palmoil.
- Add your sliced onions, crayfish and iru, frying your crayfish and iru helps to intensify their flavour.
- Add your roughly blended pepper mix and fry till almost dry.
- Add the boiled fish and stock then fry further till dry.
- Taste and adjust the taste, then bring down, is not a watery kind of stew, is more like a sauce..
- Serve with either rice or yam..
The oil palms had always played a significant role in the history of Western Africa. Especially from the particular Elaeis At the heart of this chicken, peanut and palm oil stew is the moambe or mwambe sauce. The sauce is made with palm oil and serves as the basis for. Palm Oil Sauce/Stew Recipe: How to Prepare Palm Oil Pepper Sauce Подробнее. Palm-Oil Stew With Catfish and Smoke Crab!!