Enchilada pie. Give your midweek meal a Mexican twist with our easy enchilada pie. This Stacked Vegetarian Enchilada Pie recipe is filled with roasted summer vegetables, black refried beans, cheese, and This enchilada pie vegetarian style recipe takes a little bit of time, but most of. Add enchilada sauce and chicken and bring to a simmer.
Reviews for: Photos of Spicy Beef and Bean Enchilada Pie. Pour enchilada sauce into a low-sided bowl. Briefly dip each tortilla piece into the sauce, being sure to cover it completely. You can have Enchilada pie using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Enchilada pie
- Prepare 1/2 pound of ground pork.
- You need 1/2 pound of ground beef.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion.
- It's 2 of small cans of diced green chillies.
- Prepare 1 can of refried beans.
- It's 1/2 cup of white rice.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It's 1 of small can green enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of thick and chunky salsa Verde.
- You need 1 of burrito seasoning packet.
- You need 1/2 pound of cheddar jack cheese.
- It's 6 of homemade flour tortillas 1 being bigger for top.
This main-dish chicken enchilada pie certainly stacks up—and it's ready in a flash, especially if you assemble it with Make-Ahead Shredded Chicken Breast. See more ideas about mexican food recipes, recipes, cooking recipes. Keywords: enchilada recipe, Late Summer Vegetable Enchilada Pie, mexican enchiladas, mexican lasagna, vegetable enchilada. Run a knife between pie and pan rim to loosen.
Enchilada pie step by step
- In a skillet brown ground pork and lean ground beef until brown, I usually use a scoop of bacon grease for flavor. Dice onion and use half in meat and incorporate. When done add burrito packet mix with half cup of water and add to meat with green chillies. Set aside when thickened..
- Cook rice until soft, I use a pressure cooker, when rice is done put in skillet and add diced tomatoes, diced onion (the other half) can of green chillies and a spoon full of green enchilada sauce and incorporate together, season to your taste. I used cilantro, garlic, cummin and chilli powder..
- In a glass pie pan put a spoonful of green enchilada sauce around until evenly coated, lay first tortilla down layer beans, rice, cheese and meat. Add 2nd tortilla and gently cover with salsa Verde and cheese, add another tortilla, repeat first layer then second layer again, add cheese then the top around the pie plate forking the edges and a couple holes to breath..
- Brush top with butter and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, pull out and brush top with butter again, sprinkle garlic powder and dried cilantro leaves on top and bake another 10-15 minutes at 400..
- Pairs well with a dessert of the wife's homemade cheese cake, I'll see if I can get her to post that. purpledaffodil69..
Remove rim, set pie on a platter, and drizzle with chili sauce. Apple Pie Enchiladas with a sweet cinnamon homemade apple pie filling rolled up inside flour tortillas are baked in a warm vanilla sauce. Rating Lightly spray skillet with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, stir together beans and enchilada sauce until well combined. They're basically lazy girl enchiladas because all you do is stack I also made an ultra-simple roasted red bell pepper enchilada sauce to cover the pie but if you want.