Mexican Potatoes 🥔🌶 🇲🇽. What To Serve With Mexican Potatoes. I love to serve these Mexican potatoes inside of some warm corn tortillas and perhaps with a little bit of chopped cilantro and crumbled queso fresco to make some tacos. You can use them to make a burrito with a homemade flour tortilla, serve with fried or scrambled eggs.
Mexican potatoes are crispy baked russet potatoes seasoned with paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. The perfect side dish for any dinner! Potatoes: Any potato will work in this recipe, but see below for the best potatoes for roasting. You can have Mexican Potatoes 🥔🌶 🇲🇽 using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Potatoes 🥔🌶 🇲🇽
- It's 3 of baking potatoes.
- It's 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of red onion, finely chopped.
- It's 1 of lrg clove garlic, crushed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mild chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne powder.
- It's 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need of Fresh coriander to garnish and salsa or sour cream to top.
We like roasted russet potatoes and that's what we used for this recipe! Spices - You can use any combo of spices in this recipe. Feel free to omit garlic/onion, or salt + pepper to your taste. How to get your Mexican Potatoes crispy!
Mexican Potatoes 🥔🌶 🇲🇽 instructions
- Leave the skin on the potatoes, wash and cut them into cubes..
- Boil in salted water for 10 mins then drain and allow them to steam dry by sitting the colander over the hot pan they were cooking in..
- While the potatoes are cooking, cook the onions and garlic over a gentle heat for 10 minutes until the onions are translucent and fragrant..
- Add the spices to the pan and stir well to coat the onions. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes..
- Add the drained dry potatoes and turn the heat of the pan up. Stir the potatoes gently into the onion mix to coat. Now turn the heat down, add a splash of water if needed, put a lid on if you have one and cook until the potatoes are tender..
- Lovely served with salsa or sour cream and coriander..
Mexican burger - off course we have to serve these Mexican potatoes with a Mexican burger. The perfect combination; Thai green curry - you can make a delicious vegan curry with broccoli and mushrooms. Put the potatoes in a large bowl, drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the taco seasoning. The Best Mexican Side Dishes Potatoes Recipes on Yummly Easy Mexican Corn And Rice Casserole, Garlic Gruyere Potatoes, Mexican-style Rice Abuelo's Papas Con Chile aka Mexican Mashed Potatoes are one of the best mash potato recipes of all time.