Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup.
You can have Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup
- It's of Soup.
- It's of beef meatballs see my recipes.
- Prepare of butter.
- It's of potatoes.
- It's of carrots.
- It's of medium red onion.
- It's of can sauerkraut.
- Prepare of mushroom broth.
- It's of beef broth.
- You need of ziti rigati pasta.
- Prepare of summer sausage.
- You need of Spices.
- It's of summer savory.
- You need of parsley.
- Prepare of To taste salt.
- You need of To taste ground black pepper.
- It's of To taste ground white pepper.
- You need of whole juniper berries.
Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup instructions
- Wash, peel, and slice the potatoes then cut into manageable pieces. Wash, peel, and slice the carrots. Slice the garlic. Peel the summer sausage slice as thick as the potatoes. Now quarter the sausage slices..
- Brown in a pot the meatballs in the butter. Set meatballs aside. Add potatoes, garlic, onions, and carrots and sauté in the butter and liquids in the pot that had the meatballs. Add in the mushroom broth, juniper berries, and spices. Chop the juniper berries..
- Drain and rinse the sauerkraut. Add to the pot the sauerkraut and pasta with the vegetables along with the meatballs..
- Add half the beef broth. After 15 minutes add the rest of the broth. Allow to cook covered for 30 minutes. Serve with bread I hope you enjoy!!!.