French Style Vegetarian Stew. This savory vegetarian stew will make meatlovers forget there's no meat! Discard the bay leaves before serving the stew. This vegetarian stew is so savory and flavorful, that it will make meatlovers forget there's no meat!
For the best flavor, err on the well-cooked side—the vegetables should not be al dente. This stew is made with tender spring vegetables, but you can substitute others. This simple, vegetarian take on gumbo focuses on hearty greens made extra flavorful by simmering with the holy trinity onion, celery, and bell pepper. You can cook French Style Vegetarian Stew using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of French Style Vegetarian Stew
- You need of Celery.
- Prepare of large Australian Red Onion.
- It's of large US Russet Potatoes.
- Prepare of medium Carrots.
- It's of large Red Capsicum.
- It's of large Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Bean Curd Skin Rolls.
- It's of medium Portabella Mushrooms.
- Prepare of Italian Spices.
- It's of Vegetarian Stock Cubes.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- Prepare of Margarine.
- It's of Water.
- Prepare of Full Cream Milk.
Classic technique layers flavors for rich, robust broth, and a late veggie add-in preserves texture. If you used this video to make French-Style Veal Stew, please tell us how it went! Is there a recipe video you'd like to see in this format? Looking for French words & phrases related to being a vegan or vegetarian?
French Style Vegetarian Stew step by step
- Cut all the vegetables including the mushrooms into cube size. Cut the bean curd skin roll into small slices and mince a little..
- Heat the pot and melt the margarine in low heat..
- When the margarine is heated up, put the spices into the margarine and stir fry all the ingredients in the pot for 5-10 minutes..
- Pour the water and milk into the pot and melt the sugar and stock cube in it..
- When the water is boiled, turn to low heat and stew the ingredients for 30-40 minutes. Then, ready to serve..
French cuisine is all about lots of lusciously meaty dishes. What would you expect from the land that birthed steak tartare, foie gras and hearty meat stews like boeuf bourguignon and cassoulet? Our most trusted Vegetarian French Stew recipes. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. This warmly-spiced vegetable stew, sweet with parsnips and carrots and tangy with preserved lemons.