French Style Vegetarian Stew. Add the carrots, artichokes, and thyme sprig. Season lightly and stir to coat. Ratatouille is a traditional vegetable stew which originated as a poor man's dish in Nice.
Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. French Vegetable Stew could make you a vegan. French Vegetable Stew is totally amazing—of course, because it's inspired by a Moosewood Restaurant recipe. You can have French Style Vegetarian Stew using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of French Style Vegetarian Stew
- Prepare 6-8 stalks of Celery.
- It's 1-2 of large Australian Red Onion.
- You need 2 of large US Russet Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of medium Carrots.
- You need 1 of large Red Capsicum.
- You need 3-4 of large Tomatoes.
- Prepare 4-5 pieces of Bean Curd Skin Rolls.
- You need 8-10 of medium Portabella Mushrooms.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Italian Spices.
- It's 2 pieces of Vegetarian Stock Cubes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Margarine.
- Prepare 2 cups of Water.
- You need 1 cup of Full Cream Milk.
Trust me, it's so flavorful and simple to make, and uses leeks, fennel, potatoes, tomatoes, carrots and spices. The vegetable stew is a creation from the south of France, boasting the flavors of garlic and olive oil, as well as your favorite summer crops. Classic ratatouille contains zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes, and onion. Vibrant veggies, hearty potatoes, earthy mushrooms, and aromatic spices come together in the most delicious way in this French Country Veggie Stew.
French Style Vegetarian Stew step by step
- Cut all the vegetables including the mushrooms into cube size. Cut the bean curd skin roll into small slices and mince a little..
- Heat the pot and melt the margarine in low heat..
- When the margarine is heated up, put the spices into the margarine and stir fry all the ingredients in the pot for 5-10 minutes..
- Pour the water and milk into the pot and melt the sugar and stock cube in it..
- When the water is boiled, turn to low heat and stew the ingredients for 30-40 minutes. Then, ready to serve..
This wholesome seasoned stew is full of comforting goodness and flavors. Oven roasted to perfection, it is everything you would expect in this vegan nod to a classic French stew. Serve this simple vegetable stew with a bottle of wine, a loaf of country bread, and a crisp, green salad for a complete meal. If you are wondering why this is called a ragout, be assured, it is not some complicated French recipe. A ragout is the French for a stew and, you must agree, sounds more sophisticated than a simple stew.