Forest Pie, Elk Version.
You can cook Forest Pie, Elk Version using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Forest Pie, Elk Version
- It's of Topping.
- It's of mashed potatoes see my recipes.
- You need of Gravy bottom.
- It's of ground elk.
- Prepare of salt.
- It's of ground black pepper.
- It's of ground white pepper.
- It's of medium shallot diced.
- You need of all-purpose unbleached flour.
- It's of butter.
- Prepare of heavy whipping cream.
- It's of canned evaporated milk.
- Prepare of whole mushrooms I used baby portobello.
- It's of English peas.
Forest Pie, Elk Version instructions
- Make the potatoes you can mash, rice, or get instant, it's up to you..
- Dice the shallot and slice the mushrooms..
- Brown the elk in a pan with a stick of butter, and the shallots and mushrooms. Season with salt and peppers..
- Add flour and sauté for a bit. Add in milk and cream. Stirring often. Stir and heat until thickened to your desire. Now stir in the peas..
- Add gravy to pan. Top with mashed potatoes. Bake 30 minutes. Allow to rest 10 minutes serve. I hope you enjoy!!.