Socca (famous street food of France). Originally derived from the Genovese farinata, socca eventually became the specialty of Nice, France, where it is a street food staple. This traditional flatbread is made with chickpea flour, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Once the batter is prepared, it is transferred to a wide pan or a skillet, which is placed in the.
In our own kitchens, this classic dish can be a go-to, any-time-of-day recipe. The "Socca" Pancake of Chickpea Flour from Nice tasted in the food market of Antibes, Côte d'Azur. Socca is known as a superfood in Nice where for centuries it has been whetting the appetites of the locals at markets and in restaurants. You can cook Socca (famous street food of France) using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Socca (famous street food of France)
- You need 2 cups of besan/ chickpeas flour.
- It's 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seed (not used in authentic recipes but for flavor I used).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of olive oil.
It's called socca but it has nothing to do with a football… What is this amazing food that has protected the city of Nice under siege, nourished the population during. Origins of This Famous Dish From Nice. How to Eat Socca from Nice. Origins of This Famous Dish From Nice.
Socca (famous street food of France) instructions
- Mix in bowl besan,oil, water and salt. Keep it 30 mins to soaked water by besan.
- Preheat oven for 7-10 mins at 450df or u can broil it which give more crisp.
- Now greased the pan with oil, keep it in oven for 2-3 min to heat..
- Now add batter and sprinkle oregano and baked it at 450df for 10 mins.
- Serve this crisp with salsa. U can add sesames or thymes for taste.
Cette galette à base de farine de pois chiche, cuite au feu de bois sur des plaques de cuivre, est probablement une dérivée de la « farinata ». Socca is a typical speciality of Nice, which can be eaten at any time of the day. Socca consists of chickpea flour, olive oil, salt and water. It is sold on the market and in the narrow streets of old Nice. Socca is one of the most famous dishes in the Nice cuisine.