Aubergine and pesto stack. Serve these aubergine stacks with crusty bread. An easy meal for vegetarians: simple layers of aubergine, goat's cheese and pesto make a rich but fast meal for two. Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve with crusty bread.
Preparation time is mainly standing time for the eggplant as it. Watch as Chef Brett demonstrate how to work with Aubergine in these spectacular recipes - Babaganoush, Aubergine Stack with pesto & Aubergine Pizza. This coriander pesto, made with crumbled feta cheese, is great with grilled aubergine and roast peppers. You can cook Aubergine and pesto stack using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aubergine and pesto stack
- You need of Large aubergine (4-5 slices per person).
- You need 2 of mozzarella.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Extra Parmesan.
- It's of Oil to fry (just a tad).
- You need of For pesto: (see also my other recipes too :) ).
- It's of Good handful of fresh basil leaves.
- It's Clove of garlic.
- You need of Sprinkle of Parmesan.
- It's of Sprinkle of pecorino.
- It's of Few pine nuts.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
A lovely aubergine recipe from Italian chefs the Costardi brothers. This gorgeous aubergine recipe from the Costardi Brothers showcases the meaty, flavoursome flesh of the aubergine. With classic Italian flavours this vegetarian dish makes a tasty and simple starter. A quick and easy Aubergine Parmigiana & Pesto Bruschetta recipe, from our authentic Italian cuisine collection.
Aubergine and pesto stack instructions
- Whizz up pesto ingredients to make your yummy pesto.
- Slice aubergine. Dry with kitchen paper. Fry in a little oil for 3-4 mins until brown.
- Start to layer your stacks. Put a slice of aubergine on baking paper. Add some pesto on top. Add some chopped mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Continue layering up until you've finished the ingredients.
- Bake at 180 for about 20-25 mins. Enjoy :).
Find brilliant recipe ideas and cooking tips at Gousto. Serve the aubergine and pesto bake on two warm plates alongside the kalettes. Put one stack per serving, top with some good green pesto. A few artsy splashes of pesto and olive oil on the side usually look very good. Deconstructed version works really well - simply arrange aubergines, cheese and tomatoes on a baking dish and bake till the cheese melts.