Judul : How to Cook Appetizing Galette Bretonne (Thick Butter Cookies)
link : How to Cook Appetizing Galette Bretonne (Thick Butter Cookies)
How to Cook Appetizing Galette Bretonne (Thick Butter Cookies)
Galette Bretonne (Thick Butter Cookies). Home»Galettes Bretonnes, golden butter cookies from Brittany. (You might see something called galettes bretonnes au sarrasin. These refer to a thin crêpe or pancake made out of buckwheat (sarrasin) flour, usually served with a savory filling. Galettes Bretonnes is French that translates to Breton Pancakes.
We call those savory crepes with buckwheat galette bretonne in France and they are from the region of Bretagne (small Britain) in France. Easily prepared from scratch these savory crepes make a great breakfast. Galette bretonne (Breton galette), a buckwheat crêpe with a savory filling. You can cook Galette Bretonne (Thick Butter Cookies) using 12 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Galette Bretonne (Thick Butter Cookies)
- Prepare 120 g of (4.2 oz, 1/2 us cup + 2/3 Tbsp) unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare 55 g of (1.9 oz, 1/4 us cup + 1/2 Tbsp) granulated sugar.
- It's 2.5 g (1/2 tsp) of salt.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 65 g of (2.3 oz, 11 Tbsp) almond flour.
- It's 1/2 Tbsp of rum, optional.
- It's 5-6 drops of vanilla oil, optional.
- Prepare 120 g of (4.2 oz, 1 us cup) cake flour.
- Prepare 1 g (1/4 tsp) of baking powder.
- Prepare of For Brushing.
- It's 1 of egg yolk.
- It's 1/2 tsp of water.
Galette des rois (King cake), is a puff pastry filled with a creamy almond filling, eaten The single crust is thicker than a pie or galette, enabling it to be freestanding outside of the pan. The filling is firm and doesn't run (think. (Galette Bretonne). Galettes de Bretagne are basically thin crépes from the Brittany region in northwestern France. There is evidence that in the Ancient Rome people ate crepes to celebrate the arrival of the spring and, therefore The recipe for the galette bretonne is very similar to that of a conventional crepe.
Galette Bretonne (Thick Butter Cookies) step by step
- Recipe video (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/U-sa6FjKEkA.
- Sift cake flour and baking powder together; set aside. Cream unsalted butter until smooth. Add granulated sugar in 2 parts. Mix well each time..
- Add salt, and mix well. After adding the salt, mix well with a spatula for 3-4 mins. Please mix while rubbing and stretching..
- Add egg yolk, and mix well until combined..
- Sift almond flour over the batter, and mix well until smooth..
- Add rum and vanilla oil, and mix well until smooth. Please mix gently at the beginning so that the rum doesn't splash..
- Add dry ingredients. Mix it while cutting it, scooping sometimes. Mix it until the large lumps form like this (3rd Photo)..
- Place the dough on plastic wrap and press lightly to flatten while gather the lumps..
- Fold in half and press it. Repeat folding and pressing 5-6 times until smooth..
- Shape it square and wrap it with plastic wrap. Let it sit in a fridge for 3 hours (If possible, overnight)..
- Take the dough out of the fridge, roll it out into 1.2cm (0.47'') thick while coating it lightly with bread flour. If your dough is hard, please leave it for about 15 mins at room temperature to soften a little. Cut it with a 6 cm (2.4'') mousse ring. Re-roll the dough scraps and cut again. (If it gets too soft, please cool it once.).
- 【For Brushing】 Mix egg yolk and 1/2 tsp water, and strain to smooth..
- Brush the top with the egg wash, with a little space on the edge. Let it sit in a fridge for 30 mins to dry the egg wash. Preheat an oven to 190℃ / 374°F. Grease inside of mousse rings with butter..
- Using a fork, create a crosshatch pattern over the dough circles. Transfer the circles onto a parchment paper-lined baking tray. Fit mousse rings into circles. Remove the outside extra dough. (I have only 5 rings, so I baked them in 2 parts.).
- Bake it at 170℃ / 338 F for25-30 mins until golden brown. Remove the rings gently while cookies hot. Let it cool thoroughly on a rack. DONE!!.
While the latter is made from wheat flour, in case of the galette it has to. Traditional Breton crepes, or galettes, as they're often called in France, have a deeply savory, minerally flavor that pairs beautifully with non-sweet fillings, like eggs, cheese, and ham. Here's how to make them at home. Breton buckwheat galette (Galette Bretonne à la farine de sarrasin) It is a party dish. Here is one of the most popular versions with cheese, ham and egg.
Demikianlah Artikel How to Cook Appetizing Galette Bretonne (Thick Butter Cookies)
Anda sekarang membaca artikel How to Cook Appetizing Galette Bretonne (Thick Butter Cookies) dengan alamat link https://www.nulisprener.org/2020/12/how-to-cook-appetizing-galette-bretonne.html