Three Tasty-Easy Recipes for Leftover Rice. We often wonder about what to make with leftover rice than the traditional regular recipe. Make the most of leftover rice with our simple and speedy recipes. Use up this storecupboard staple in Ideal for busy households, this hearty salad keeps well in the fridge for up to three days, ready Use up leftover chicken in these easy toasted wraps, filled with spiced Mexican-style rice and beans.
At times I do have leftover rice from the previous night that I use up. Looking for recipes for leftover rice? It tastes so good that my son and husband fought over the last helping! You can cook Three Tasty-Easy Recipes for Leftover Rice using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Three Tasty-Easy Recipes for Leftover Rice
- You need of Ingredients for lentils rice.
- It's 1 cup of lentils.
- It's 1 cube of meat or vegetable stock.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of Butter.
- You need of Ingredients for herbed rice.
- It's of small bunch of chives or spring onions, finely chopped.
- It's of small bunch of dill, finely chopped.
- Prepare of small bunch of coriander, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It's to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Ingredients for rice and potatoes.
- Prepare 5 of baby potatoes.
- You need Pinch of chilli flakes.
- You need of butter.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Leftover Rice Recipes - Repurpose This Healthy Grain for Your Next Meal. This leftover rice recipe for Indian dosa makes for a wholesome and tasty breakfast. Try out the healthy, sumptuous and easy to make leftover rice recipes, and you will never have to worry about food getting wasted. Cold, leftover rice that is left in the refrigerator for a day or two can be extremely unappetizing.
Three Tasty-Easy Recipes for Leftover Rice instructions
- For lentils rice: Bring to a boil water, add lentils, one vegetable or meat stock, and cumin. Reduce heat and simmer until they are tender but not mushy(it takes typically 20-20 minutes) it depends on the age of your lentils. Once it is cooked, add it to the rice and gently mix. Sprinkle some melted butter all over the rice and serve it..
- For herbed rice: Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped herbs, seasoning with salt, pepper, cinnamon and cumin. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat, fluff the rice with a fork, and stir in sautéed herbs and gently combine and serve it..
- For rice and potatoes: Put the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water. Salt the water. Bring it to a boil and cook the potatoes until tender. Drain and add melted butter and sprinkle chilli flakes on them. Serve the rice in a plate and top it with buttery potaotes..
With these tasty and easy solutions for using leftover rice, you no longer need to throw away the extra rice. Just use any of these recipes to make a quick, inexpensive meal for yourself and your entire family. From new twists on fried rice to speedy rice pudding (and everything in between). So you've got some leftover rice and you don't really know what to do with it? We've got good news for you: Cooked rice is super versatile so you Or if your rice isn't seasoned, you can also make yourself a sweet treat.